• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    I live near APG in Baltimore County (Perry Hall, MD) in a fairly urban neighborhood (still plenty of woods and surrounding farmland). Year ago, I saw one cross my trail in my neighborhood park. Thought it was a fox at first, but it was way too big to be a fox. This was the first time I've ever seen one, but I'm from the eastern shore of MD, and you don't often see these types of critters down there. A week ago I fired up my newly purchased thermal scope and was looking around the neighborhood (not recording) from my second story window and spotted 2 of them on my neighbors front lawn. I observed them for about 5-10 minutes, and watched them run off into the woods (the woods of the same park I observed the first one from the year previous). I can't believe these animals are living this close to Baltimore City!

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    I live nearby APG in Baltimore County (Perry Hall, MD). Year ago, I saw one cross my trail in my neighborhood park. Thought it was a fox at first, but it was way too big to be a fox. This was the first time I've ever seen one, but I'm from the eastern shore of MD, and you don't often see these types of critters down there. A week ago I fired up my newly purchased thermal scope and was looking around the neighborhood (not recording) from my second story window and spotted 2 of them in my neighbors front lawn. I observed them for about 5-10 minutes, and watched them run off into the woods (the woods of the same park I observed the first one from the year previous). I can't believe these animals are living this close to Baltimore City!

Wow, yeah it's pretty wild, they are an adaptable species....keep an eye out, can you get some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Wow, yeah it's pretty wild, they are an adaptable species....keep an eye out, can you get some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been going out at night around the parks with thermal (with recording capability) trying to score some footage. So far, no more sightings. Elusive little bastards! If I do film any I'll post back here

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You may or may not find them at night. They tend to go where and when they can find food. They will bed down throughout the night if they had a successful day of hunting.

Good Luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So as promised I managed to capture some night footage on my thermal. Here it is. WTF are these things? Kinda look a little too big to be foxes, but I'm not an expert.

[YT]xnHZaEZ51vM[/YT]
    [YT]EMk2DtJBZCI[/YT]

Embedded for ya!

Bootknife

Ultimate Member

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    Live up in Bel Air (near Festival), about 2-3 years ago every night I drove home I'd see at least 1 or 2 in my neighborhood. Within the past year, I have only seen a handful and our rabbit population has returned almost to normal.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'm in semi rural Carroll County (New Windsor zip) and my property is adjacent to other properties that border woods. Wildlife is fairly plentiful so I walk the 3 acres (have a small half acre meadow with tall grass, shrubs and trees) where the dog and I spook the occasional skunk, possum or fox during the last walk of the night. Last year, mid day, saw and watched through binoculars a coyote walking my neighbor's property bordering a woods. 300 yards out but definitely a coyote. Not sure how aggressive they are but I've been walking the dog with my rifle now. Read somewhere that genetic testing indicates some cross breeding with wolves, and some observers have reported unusual pack behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom