• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Some of these "polls" this early out are designed to active and motivate the donor base. People do not donate money to lost causes.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think the recent election in Kansas is a little alarming.

A district that Trump carried by a wide margin was won by a Republican by a very narrow margin.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I think the recent election in Kansas is a little alarming.

A district that Trump carried by a wide margin was won by a Republican by a very narrow margin.

Agreed. A lot of independents like to vote for the perceived "winner." The Republicans are in disarray. They're not united in pushing a conservative agenda and are making one political misstep after another. This turns moderates off.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Also, Estes was tied to Brownback, and Brownback is a ... well, not very popular.

Truth is, had Thompson won, the return of "blue dog" (fiscal conservative pro 2nd amendment) Democrats would be a good thing anyway.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It doesn't make sense, if Gorsuch needs more time then it could simply be discussed and relisted.
    I'm curious if this is some new action by the court, like how a few years ago they began not granting cert until the case had been relisted.
    Have any other cases on the docket been rescheduled like this one?

krucam

Ultimate Member

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I searched the docket on "rescheduled" and there are 26 pages of cases (179 since 2013). Not a lot in comparison to the whole docket.

A few from 2013, a few more from 2014, lots after Scalia's passing. Most seem to be capital or sentencing cases. There are a few "famous" cases in there like Friedrichs (CA teachers union). One from 2016 is a petition for rehearing in a capital case where Sotomayor dissented from denial of cert the first time. One is interestingly a 10th circuit case (can Gorsuch even participate in that?).

Hard to know what to make of it.

Any day Peruta does not get denied is still a good day.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    My understanding is that there are versions of a national concealed carry reciprocity act working its way through both chambers right now. Is that something that might influence how the justices view this case, or whether they decide to even hear it?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I searched the docket on "rescheduled" and there are 26 pages of cases (179 since 2013). Not a lot in comparison to the whole docket.

A few from 2013, a few more from 2014, lots after Scalia's passing. Most seem to be capital or sentencing cases. There are a few "famous" cases in there like Friedrichs (CA teachers union). One from 2016 is a petition for rehearing in a capital case where Sotomayor dissented from denial of cert the first time. One is interestingly a 10th circuit case (can Gorsuch even participate in that?).

Hard to know what to make of it.

Any day Peruta does not get denied is still a good day.

Was Gorsuch on the panel? If he was, he definitely can't participate, but if he wasn't, he should be ok to hear the case now.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Will have to look to see if he was on the panel.

Anyone want to speculate on whether they are researching the intervention? In the back of my mind I've always thought thst the procedural aspect of his case was suspect.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If They're Waiting On Another Case, Perhaps Norman?
    Don't think they would wait on cases that haven't been decided, like Wrenn.

IMHO, they aren't waiting on any case. Not the Court's style to wait, especially where none of the parties have suggested it.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    That is indeed very interesting.

It is interesting. Recall that Friedman was relisted many times simply to allow a dissent from the denial of cert. to be written. Ditto for Jackson, which was relisted 7 times! Similarly, Caetano was relisted many times to allow a per curiam opinion and Justice Alito's concurrence to be written. If the case continues to be relisted, my guess would be that someone is writing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom