• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I agree it can go nowhere good. Can a barney Fife... "I was just following orders tarnish the entire LEO community?" YES This needs to stop.

I fully support the Law Enforcement Community for the difficult job they do. As for as I know the Maryland Capitol Police are nothing more than glorified mall cops.

I would hate to take my blue light out of its socket supporting LEO for their actions. Im sure im not the only that fears the stain they have made. It won't go away without action. With responsibility comes repercussions.

They chose a paycheck instead of the Constitution. Fear the wrath of honesty.

Strange you say that about your blue light came home tonight and the blue bulb is out (green one is still burning)

Earlier i misinterpreted a post about too late i thought it was i was late posting what MCP said , now I see it meant too late to try that miserable apology

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Im not familiar with the area....is it "walkin" distance from Mission BBQ (which, or either?) To lawyers mall? Is there parking at Mission bbq? Stadium? Some garage?

Thanks
    TNT

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Im not familiar with the area....is it "walkin" distance from Mission BBQ (which, or either?) To lawyers mall? Is there parking at Mission bbq? Stadium? Some garage?

Thanks
    TNT

looking at a map the dock st one looks real close

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

Thanks
    TNT

Convenient garages available. 2 hr free street parking behind dock street MBBQ. Easy scenic walk from dock street MBBQ to lawyers mall. Free garage parking just north of house office building after 6pm. Stadium too, but maybe 25 min walk to dock street. Not so far from stadium to lawyers mall, maybe 15 minutes.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    From Bryan's FB page

UPDATED

DGS Spox confirms charges to be dropped today.

Statement: "After a thorough review of all the evidence and supporting documentation, and after consulting with the Anne Arundel County States Attorney’s Office; the Maryland Capitol Police believes it is in the best interest of all parties involved not to pursue any criminal charges against Mr. Jeff Hulbert and Mr. Kevin Hulbert. Both defendants were charged on Monday, February 5, 2018. Today, MCP forwarded an official request to the states attorney’s office, asking that all the criminal charges in this case be dropped.

"The Maryland Capitol Police fully supports the 1st Amendment Rights of freedom of speech and the right to peacefully assemble. The department is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, visitors, and demonstrators that frequent state facilities, which is why the Maryland Capitol Police have the ability to determine times, locations, and venues in which these demonstrations may occur; particularly when it involves the safety of others. The Maryland Capitol Police work hard at facilitating an orderly environment that is safe and pleasant for all to express their 1st amendment rights.

The department will use this event to strengthen our community outreach training efforts and to further educate our officers and the general public, in order to clarify our "Demonstrating on Public Property" procedures so the policy is clear and understandable to the public for future demonstrations."
    This is the typical non-apology “apology.” It’s like my saying I’m sorry for hurricane Katrina. Hell, everyone is sorry for hurricane Katrina. Being sorry for something is not the same thing as taking responsibility for it. While I am sorry for Katrina, I’m not responsible for Katrina.

Like MCP, we are all sorry for the arrest of the Hulberts, but MCP needs to step up and say that WE ARE SORRY FOR WHAT WE DID; That we wrongfully arrested the Hulberts. They need to not only be sorry, but they need to acknowledge their responsibility for it.

Yes, doing so is to accept responsibility for the consequences as well, but that is what happens with a true apology, and not mere lip service. Step up, admit you error, take your lumps, learn from it, and don’t do it again.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Having represented thousands of people who have been arrested I know that for first timers being arrested and especially being cuffed is a lot worse than most people would imagine.

It's a traumatic experience just to think about being arrested and cuffed ... especially when you are totally innocent. SO, it makes sense that a act of political intimidation would include such a tactic in the belief that would scare us off.

It didn't, they lost the argument, they have to pay, and an investigation should be demanded ... not by the MCP, but by our friends in the legislature to determine who the instigators were and their motivations. MCP f'ed it up for them, so MCP may 'crack' under the pressure of a full inquiry.

Next Monday night is still on. Turnouts in the 100's are expected.

Attachments

• E34BB8B7-13A2-4BC4-A096-DBD347171A12.jpg
      E34BB8B7-13A2-4BC4-A096-DBD347171A12.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 430

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks to everyone and the nice comments as we end another big media day. I am on standby for a interview on WMAL Radio in DC, but it might conflict with Preps for Monday’s news conference.

As for emotional support hamsters, yes, them’s good eatin’...

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Indeed. Note that everyone here is against the wrongful use of firearms. We are not wating for a chance to use our guns to kill someone. Taking someones life is the last thing that anyone wants to do. The issue is, sometimes circumstances dictate that is the most prudent course of action.

Where we and the moms disagree is on what to do about criminal use of firearms. Criminals will always have guns, just like junkies will always be able to get heroin. So the question is, what will law abiding citizens have? All I'm asking for is an equal chance. I'll create my own safe space, thank you. People who seek concealed carry permits are among the most law abiding people there are. If you don't believe me, google "concealed carry permit holder vs police crime rate". It is an eye opener.

Lastly, let me point out that Maryland already has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, yet Baltimore leads the nation in per capita homicides. Why? Some say it is because criminals get their guns from other states with lax laws. If guns are easy to get in other states why aren't the crimes committed there? The problem is that liberal politicians and judges in this state have worked to create a policy that amounts to catch and release. The man who murdered 3 people, I think it was last january, at a granite shop and then in Delaware, had been arrested 17 times for some pretty serious crimes, yet he was out on the streets. What Maryland needs is crime control, not gun control.

Yeah, I think it is a little more involved than just "crime control". Why is there high crime? Why don't you and I commit violent crime? Why is it that the highest crime rates are in the poorest areas of cities and committed by some of the least intelligent, least educated people? Why do we have so many criminal laws on the books? Granted, I am completely against violent crime. There is no place for violent crime.

Are people born law abiding and others born violent criminals? I don't think so. I think a person's environment pushes them one way or the other.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    This is the typical non-apology “apology.” It’s like my saying I’m sorry for hurricane Katrina. Hell, everyone is sorry for hurricane Katrina. Being sorry for something is not the same thing as taking responsibility for it. While I am sorry for Katrina, I’m not responsible for Katrina.

Like MCP, we are all sorry for the arrest of the Hulberts, but MCP needs to step up and say that WE ARE SORRY FOR WHAT WE DID; That we wrongfully arrested the Hulberts. They need to not only be sorry, but they need to acknowledge their responsibility for it.

Yes, doing so is to accept responsibility for the consequences as well, but that is what happens with a true apology, and not mere lip service. Step up, admit you error, take your lumps, learn from it, and don’t do it again.

Very well said! When I read their press release, I kept waiting for an actual apology, instead all we got was bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo. Probably because they're worried about a civil rights lawsuit, they never actually apologized or even assumed responsibility for the wrongful actions. What a crock!

JoeR

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Thanks to you and to Mark for stepping up on this. :thumbsup:

Dexter Manley? So Sgt. Pope was drunk? ......

:D

He could have also quoted Mayor Marion Barry. "The b&^*ch set up me."

Crazy thing is, Marion Barry came around while he was a councilman. He was taking the position that life long welfare had to end in the best interest of the public good. Sadly, he did not live to see it accomplished.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Reminder

There will be another group in Annapolis besides IBEW. Citizens against SCMaglev. They hold an opposing views to IBEW. I'm guessing that parking will be be at a premium.

Also, I'm wondering how someone is unarrested. Is Miranda read backwards or does the unarrestee read it to the arrestor?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom