• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm checking to see if anyone here knows of a good baseball card store in the region that is trustworthy. I have a large box (about 3 full sized shoeboxes in size) of baseball cards that I want to get rid of, but need to make sure I don't get taken for a ride. Anyone have an reputable dealers they'd trust to evaluate and make a real offer?

Mostly late 80s/early 90s Topps and Upper Deck with some Fleer thrown in here and there. Some 60s/70s vintage as well like a Johnny Bench and a few others that were worth some scratch in the 90s. Doubt there are any real diamonds in the rough, but you never know.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Cards have taken a hit in recent years , not sure it has come back . Unless you can produce rookie cards of extreme players your value would be limited . IMHO

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Cards have taken a hit in recent years , not sure it has come back . Unless you can produce rookie cards of extreme players your value would be limited . IMHO

This especially for anything 80's on. Your best bet is an online price guide. We did this some basketball cards recently. Nothing of value.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Use an online price guide to see if you have anything of value. I had a fairly large collection from my younger days that I was disappointed to find out what they were worth. Error and rookie cards are the only ones of any value.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have approx. 4 or 5 rubber maid tubs of cards , unopened packs , unopened boxes (years) and of every team from 70's thru 90's plus lots of sports merchandise I don't expect to retire from it . I have Ripken rookies and signed Ripken family pictures I would not even to expect much from that stuff.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    it seems like there are a million rookie cards of every player locked in plastic and secured in vaults for every player since the 80s. The ones that are worth money are the ones everyone's mom tossed in the trash and only 6 exist.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    it seems like there are a million rookie cards of every player locked in plastic and secured in vaults for every player since the 80s. The ones that are worth money are the ones everyone's mom tossed in the trash and only 6 exist.

That is exactly how Wagner and detective comics #1 became so rare.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Got any Orioles from 60s or 70s?

Unfortunately I don't think so.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I really don't think there's much value in any of these, but I'd hate to throw them out or sell them and find out one or two were worth at least a couple hundred when put together.

I'll pull whatever rookies I have and check them online as well as the few older cards I have.

Sirex