Why Would an FFL Make You Wait 7 Days for an HBAR AR15?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I made recommendation for an HBAR AR to a guy I know at work. As a result he bought a Windham HBAR from Atlantic Firearms shipped to an (Maryland) FFL. I don't know who the FFL is, but he has to wait 7 days to pick it up. Could it be the FFL is selling it to him as an "other"? It's a fully assembled rifle. :shrug:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That's insane. Is the dealer making him fill out a 77r? Sounds like it's too late for him to take his business elsewhere, but you could reveal the dealer's name so others can avoid him.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I made recommendation for an HBAR AR to a guy I know at work. As a result he bought a Windham HBAR from Atlantic Firearms shipped to an (Maryland) FFL. I don't know who the FFL is, but he has to wait 7 days to pick it up. Could it be the FFL is selling it to him as an "other"? It's a fully assembled rifle. :shrug:
    Why not ask who the FFL is and put it out there? Surely your buddy can figure that out??

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I don't see how it could be submitted on a 77R.
    Are we sure this guy wasn't put on NICS delay and didn't get proceed till 7 days later?

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    That FFL is a cuck whose breath smells like MSP cock.

Td7jYcy.jpg

*ting ting ting*
    ahem...
    This guy get's it.

Are we sure the FFL isn't just bullshitting him? Maybe he's betting on something happening within the next 7 days... :innocent0

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't see how it could be submitted on a 77R.
    Are we sure this guy wasn't put on NICS delay and didn't get proceed till 7 days later?

I believe you can put anything on a 77r: a flintlock musket, even a toaster. Just fill out the form and send it in. A bureaucrat will be happy to process it.

I'm picturing this FFL as a doddering old Fudd who runs a dusty little Fudd shop that occasionally sells a shotgun to a Fudd. He probably has no idea about current laws and has never seen an AR--- is frightened by it.

I don't even want to think about what his breath smells like.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    This doesn’t pass the smell test. Can’t be an other, it’s a rifle. Can’t put an AR-15 on a 77r, they’re banned.

Very strange, but they are nice rifles.

Let’s just hope he made him wait for some dumb reason but put the transaction on a 4473.

I’d be pissed if a dealer was voluntarily registering transactions that didn’t need to be.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I really believe you can put anything on a 77r. I have heard of dealers putting HBARs on 77r's before.

I’m pretty sure you can too, but there wouldn’t be a seven day wait on a non-regulated firearm.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I believe you can put anything on a 77r: a flintlock musket, even a toaster. Just fill out the form and send it in. A bureaucrat will be happy to process it.

Only the high capacity toasters. I mean who needs more than two pieces of bread toasted at the same time.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I was at an FFL a year or 2 ago (wow, its been a while) looking at a couple AR's. One looked like a manufacturer build and the other looked like a home build.

The FFL told me the manufacturer build was cash and carry but the home build was a 77r. I asked why the difference and was told because the home builds' lower was originally transferred as a lower. If it had been a complete rifle and transferred with a 4473, that would have been different.

Their house, their rules. I walked out without anything that day.

Maybe this is the situation here.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Was it Guntry Club? I have a colleague that bought a stripped lower from them over a week ago. They never submitted the 77r to MSP and when he called them yesterday he was told his 8 day wait would start now and he could come pick up his lower at 2:30 PM next Friday. He's new to guns (surprise) and I told him he needs to do business elsewhere in the future.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Does he actually have to wait 7 days? There is no email from MSP to wait for. Maybe the FFL isn’t getting the rifle due to shipping for 7 days? Need more information from the OP who’s “asking for a friend”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom