• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Tonight I bought my first MD license. Just an 8"x11" piece of paper. MD doesn't do back tags, or am I missing something?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    MD did away with back tags years ago. Put the license and a copy of your driver's license in a water-proof holder and have it on your person at all times when out in the field hunting. You should be good to go from there.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    MD did away with back tags years ago. Put the license and a copy of your driver's license in a water-proof holder and have it on your person at all times when out in the field hunting. You should be good to go from there.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

And a copy of the permission slip if hunting on private property other than your own.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I still carry my licenses in my holder on the back of my vest with the big diaper pin, I make a copy of my drivers license and put my hunting / drivers copies in a small ziploc bag and put it all in my holder on my vest.

If you buy your license(s) online you can make all the copies you need. This way I can make a copy that proves my right to shoot at Myrtle Grove without having to flip flop on paper from the vest to the range bag all the time.

dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    Most states including MD have gone away from it. In WV the license looks like a store receipt but it's tied to your drivers license #. WV still makes you take deer/turkey to a checking station but MD you can do it online or call it in. Much more convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom