• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    I have been wanting to get into reloading for a while now and finally got set up. Right now I only have .300 blackout dies bit I actually plan to begin with small batches of 9mm so I need to order the dies for that caliber. I purchased the lee challenger reloading set up knowing full well that I will end up buying a progressive (probably Dillon.....eventually) but I always Ike to have a back up. Here's my set up below, not there is a lot of of the small parts is in the drawers, but I did purchase the lee challenger kit. Any pointers from you experts out there? Sorry there is only feet in one pic :)

Attachments

• image-3817982830.jpg
      image-3817982830.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 329
    • image-745804320.jpg
      image-745804320.jpg
      53.4 KB · Views: 341

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    It's not messy enough:
    Yeah definitely not mine. Note the obligatory MDS feet in pic 1.:lol:

I would accidentally knock that powder throw on the ground, first day out.
    Also I run my tumbler on the ground, it can't fall any further.

When you get rolling with multiple calibers/powders only have one powder on the reloading bench at a time.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Yeah definitely not mine. Note the obligatory MDS feet in pic 1.:lol: I would accidentally knock that powder throw on the ground, first day out. Also I run my tumbler on the ground, it can't fall any further. When you get rolling with multiple calibers/powders only have one powder on the reloading bench at a time.

Yea I just threw the tumbler up there, I was thinking it would probably rattle itself off

Hickory

Dec 18, 2013
    McHenry, Md
    Easy Liner Select Grip borrowed from my wife keeps my tumblers on my bench. I'd still never leave my house with the tumblers running though. Make sure the bowl is always screwed on tight; you will definitely hear the sound change if it gets loose!

Hickory

Dec 18, 2013
    McHenry, Md
    If you haven't already done so, get a reloading log. Go to http://www.reloadbench.com and download their free Reloading Data Log.
    I'm sure there are other places to get a log but I copy these and put them in a 3-ring binder with tabs for each caliber.

Last edited:

Blkout

Feb 22, 2014
    Aww it looks so cute all neat and clean. Just toss a c clamp on the powder measure and it's portable. After that come over and help me cut brass already we only have two weeks!

missing_the_cheese

Dec 29, 2012
    Perry Hall
    Nice looking setup; I'd be interested to hear how you fare with that press/kit I've been looking at it as a starter set (interested in 300blk and 40 s&w). I've been hesitant to take the plunge since I'm a complete novice. Research and reading only get you so far, pulling the trigger on a round you made yourself takes a lot of confidence that you got it right :)

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Research and reading only get you so far, pulling the trigger on a round you made yourself takes a lot of confidence that you got it right :)

When I fired my first 223 reloads, I was so nervous I held the gun underneath the shooting bench so that it would shield me from the frag if it exploded :) Wasn't long before I was shooting MOA groups at 100 yards from a AR carbine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom