• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    “I made a vow and a commitment that as long as I’m the sheriff of this county I will not allow the federal government to come in here and strip my law-abiding citizens of the right to bear arms,” Sheriff Mike Lewis of Wicomico County, Maryland, told NBC News. “If they attempt to do that it will be an all-out civil war. Because I will stand toe-to-toe with my people.”

Now there's a sheriff who knows exactly who he works for.
    :mdpatriot :patriot: :mdpatriot :patriot: :mdpatriot :patriot:
    We need a lot more like him!

El Patron Grande

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    El Patron Grande says:

....unfortunately, in urban/suburban MD, the duties of the sheriff have been assumed by the modern PD's. The PD "Chief" is appointed by the County Executive (who is beholden to the Democratic Party).

The creation of the Police Departments has removed the political independence of the Sheriff and put the PD under the direct control of a political party.

And we all thought that such things only occurred in the other side of the Iron Curtain, eh?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    El Patron Grande says:

....unfortunately, in urban/suburban MD, the duties of the sheriff have been assumed by the modern PD's. The PD "Chief" is appointed by the County Executive (who is beholden to the Democratic Party).

The creation of the Police Departments has removed the political independence of the Sheriff and put the PD under the direct control of a political party.

And we all thought that such things only occurred in the other side of the Iron Curtain, eh?

Exactly. It's that way in Howard County

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Baltimore county as well.

That self serving "chief" Johnson that we have seen parade in front of congress is nothing to be respected.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    We had a good candidate running for sheriff here in Carroll (Chris Fiora), who promised to follow the constitution. Unfortunately he did not prevail.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    El Patron Grande says:

Not so in Garrett County, Sheriff Corley chooses not to enforce FSA 2013.
    :thumbsup:

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Not so in Garrett County, Sheriff Corley chooses not to enforce FSA 2013.
    :thumbsup:

Isn't the average citizen still held accountable to the law despite what the sheriff does? If you go to a local dealer to buy a pistol you would still be required by that dealer to provide your HQL you were required to have one, correct?

I'm just trying to understand the benefits the residents of a county have where their sheriff ignores FSA 2013 compared to a county where they sheriff follows it.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Isn't the average citizen still held accountable to the law despite what the sheriff does? If you go to a local dealer to buy a pistol you would still be required by that dealer to provide your HQL you were required to have one, correct?

I'm just trying to understand the benefits the residents of a county have where their sheriff ignores FSA 2013 compared to a county where they sheriff follows it.

Well, if you run into a Sheriff's deputy in Garrett County, and "might be in violation of FSA2103", you might not have a problem. However, if the same situation occurred with MSP or DNR, your situation could be different. Just because.........Sheriff Corley said he's not doing it. 'Nuff said.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    “I made a vow and a commitment that as long as I’m the sheriff of this county I will not allow the federal government to come in here and strip my law-abiding citizens of the right to bear arms,” Sheriff Mike Lewis of Wicomico County, Maryland, told NBC News. “If they attempt to do that it will be an all-out civil war. Because I will stand toe-to-toe with my people.” Now there's a sheriff who knows exactly who he works for. :mdpatriot :patriot: :mdpatriot :patriot: :mdpatriot :patriot: We need a lot more like him!

this!!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Some LE common sense is better than none. But MSP is still MSP , and in most conties w/o a PD , they also usually have a porptional substantial presence.

Now a States Atty who vows to not follow FSA2013 would be somthing of real importance.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Bateman of AA, asked his support during SB281 and received BS emails from him. He said " he will follow the law, no matter what ". For sure he is a political hack.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013

If you live in a county where the Sheriff refuses to enforce the Act and you somehow come into contact with one of his deputies (traffic stop, call for service etc) you won't be arrested for a violation of the act absent other factors - i.e. using the weapon to commit a crime. If you live in a county where the Sheriff enforces the Act you will be arrested or cited for each and every violation.

In short, laws mean nothing without an enforcement mechanism. If the Police refuse to make arrests and issue citations then the law doesn't exist for all practical purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom