• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Autumn Sky is a cool place, the staff are knowledgeable and friendly too.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Diamond infinity does the same its rather lightweight too imo, Mathews craze is another that is adjustable.
    http://missionarchery.com/product/craze/

^^^^This.

Mission Craze.

I bought one for my youngest son, when he first got serious. (A neighbor had given him a Browning "Micro Midas" when he was 7, and he used that bow for a couple of years.)
    Very (and easily!) adjustable for draw weight and LOP.
    Very forgiving.
    Incredibly accurate.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Get the hoyt. I bought a maxxis 31, awhile back, and i like it over any bass pro bows. How many bows is she going to buy, so buy one that is nice and not the one you are already looking to upgrade after year one. spend one or two hundred more and get all the right accessories too. Nice equipment is always a good way to get into something, getting your wife into something you obviously LOVE doing, so start it off right and get nice gear...it does not have to be the best, but nice enough for you. just my opinion though, you can also kill deer with a 40lb recurve too.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Dang I'm late to the party here PJ... we went with ignite, which she shot her first deer with....but she out grew thay very quickly and she recently purchased the hoyt nitrum so she is anxiously waiting to kill a deer with that in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I would go with the Hoyt Ignite. It can grow with her and it is a high quality bow.

My daughter uses this same bow and started at 35# and worked to 40# and killed her first deer with it last year. Now she is working up to 45# for a little more punch. It's very adjustable and very woman friendly.

It's nice to see your wife enjoys hunting with you.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    My daughter uses this same bow and started at 35# and worked to 40# and killed her first deer with it last year. Now she is working up to 45# for a little more punch. It's very adjustable and very woman friendly.

It's nice to see your wife enjoys hunting with you.
    Yeah it definately is a great bow for women, as well as behinners, congrats on her getting her first deer, got pics?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Yeah it definately is a great bow for women, as well as behinners, congrats on her getting her first deer, got pics?

The entire story is here on my blog, with pictures She resurged my interest in deer after being her hunting buddy in the early season. Plus building a smokehouse now, I wantt o make dried venison and and all. I am going to make a bow and some arrows soon.

img_0380-large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom