• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm a 1957 baby. Always called them crawdads as far as I can remember. We use to find them in a creek at a local park.

I'ma 56'er.

Those are the local freshwater crayfish ... not the same thing as Louisana crawdads.

Wish I knew where to find them other than walking the streams a low tide

I know whatcha' mean Mark but anything that looked like a mini lobster to us kids that we found inna' water wazza' crawdad to us, be it in Louisiana or Maryland.:party29:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We called them all crawdads, crayfish and crawfish interchangeably ... definitely a difference in taste between southern mudbugs and local

Tnt9506

Feb 27, 2016
    Poolesville
    Lacrawfish.com will ship next day air live. Extra fee for a Saturday delivery. It also comes with enough boil for the amount you order. They also provide different sizes of crawfish to order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    We always ordered them from Sal's Riverside Seafood in Kenner, LA. 1(504)468-3623. Have them flown live to BWI . Pick them up at the shipping center and boil them up same day.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I am getting a sack on Saturday (around 35 pounds) straight from the guy that catches them in Louisiana - $40.00 for the crawfish and probably another $40 for shipping. This is through a group buy on a crab forum I am a member of. Got some last year and they were great and he says they are even bigger this year.

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I am getting a sack on Saturday (around 35 pounds) straight from the guy that catches them in Louisiana - $40.00 for the crawfish and probably another $40 for shipping. This is through a group buy on a crab forum I am a member of. Got some last year and they were great and he says they are. If get this year.

damn, they really do have forums for EVERYTHING :lol:

ctb766

Apr 8, 2014
    Seafood Stop in Fallston had some, posted on their FB page, May 11th.

"Live or Steamed Louisiana Crawfish $3.99 lb OR 5 lb. Box $18!!! Party on!"

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Seafood Stop in Fallston had some, posted on their FB page, May 11th. "Live or Steamed Louisiana Crawfish $3.99 lb OR 5 lb. Box $18!!! Party on!"

Have them at their other location in Churchville.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    here they are - just caught yesterday and getting ready to boil them in a little bit.

Attachments

• DSCN3273.JPG
      DSCN3273.JPG
      48 KB · Views: 241

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I've been in Louisiana all month working on flood relief. Must have eaten 8 or 10 thousand of the little buggers. Several days I managed to have bugs at all 3 meals. Just cannot get enough... Although last night I stopped at Willies Duck Diner for frog legs....

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I've been in Louisiana all month working on flood relief. Must have eaten 8 or 10 thousand of the little buggers. Several days I managed to have bugs at all 3 meals. Just cannot get enough... Although last night I stopped at Willies Duck Diner for frog legs....

It's crazy how many you can eat at a sitting. I can eat 3 or 4 pounds of them without breaking a sweat.

here they are - just caught yesterday and getting ready to boil them in a little bit.

Let us know how it went!!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Have neighbor who is from The Big Easy and for the last five years, she has 250 pounds of what she calls crawdads for a local block party shipped overnight to BWI.

The 1st weekend in May, we had the block party, her husband and father (who also flies in from The Big Easy) boil them with garlic, Italian sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes and whole lot of hot seasoning. WOW, it is friggin great and all donated by them. Generally 100 people & rugrats show up and of course the booze is flowing freely.

They have two big cookers going at a time and I believe they spread the 250 pounds over 8 pots.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    how do they package them to keep them alive/fresh during transit?

My wife just got me 30# for my birthday they are shipped overnight in a Styrofoam cooler with gel packs. I got them on Friday afternoon and the party was Saturday so we wrapped them in wet towels and I refroze the gel packs. Boiled them the next day at 3:00 and there were only about a dozen dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom