• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Have neighbor who is from The Big Easy and for the last five years, she has 250 pounds of what she calls crawdads for a local block party shipped overnight to BWI.

The 1st weekend in May, we had the block party, her husband and father (who also flies in from The Big Easy) boil them with garlic, Italian sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes and whole lot of hot seasoning. WOW, it is friggin great and all donated by them. Generally 100 people & rugrats show up and of course the booze is flowing freely.

They have two big cookers going at a time and I believe they spread the 250 pounds over 8 pots.

Sounds like an outstanding time. Yay for good neighbors. :D

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    how do they package them to keep them alive/fresh during transit?

This guy just put the whole sack in a waterproof cardboard box and shipped them overnight refrigerated through Southwest air. I probably had about 2 dozen dead out of the whole 35 - 38 # sack. $45.00 for the crawfish and box and $47.00 for shipping - I don't think any online seafood companies can get anywhere near that price.

Last edited:

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    We do a boil every year up here and usually a boil back home when we visit for the Summer.
    I almost always get them from Fisherman's Cove in Kenner, LA. around the corner from my Mother's place.
    This year, they were outstanding. Great size. Great shells. We did 120lbs plus fixings. Hardly any crushed or dead ones.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    We called them "crawdads" growing up.

And, I still do. :)

Growing up in Texas, we used to catch them in a creek not far from my house using a piece of bacon on a string. They'd clamp down on it with a claw and we'd pull them out.

Back then, never though about eating them, though, just playing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom