• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    Open carry with no permit is also an option to consider. You will feel really strange at first but you'll make many new friends. Gun people in VA. are extremely friendly ! ! !

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There are libtards in NOVA. I pay no attention to them although I don't OC in VA frequently. I love the bug eyes though.

:eek:

I don't endorse it, but a vagary of VA law allows drinking while OC but not CC.

if you carry, don't drink.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    There are libtards in NOVA. I pay no attention to them although I don't OC in VA frequently. I love the bug eyes though.

:eek:

I don't endorse it, but a vagary of VA law allows drinking while OC but not CC.

if you carry, don't drink.

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. The last thing I need is a prosecutor saying my judgement was blurred by having a beer and I didn't need to use deadly force.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Just be warned. You will feel like a criminal as you leave Maryland and set your gun up and even more of one when you are about to enter Maryland and have to break it down and store it correctly.

Took me a few weeks of CCW daily to finally shake the feeling of being a criminal. I still remember the first time someone spotted my gun as I got out of a booth at a restaurant. Their eyes were like ahhhh I see you have a gun. And then they went back to eating.

Maryland brain washed you :(

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Just be warned. You will feel like a criminal as you leave Maryland and set your gun up and even more of one when you are about to enter Maryland and have to break it down and store it correctly.

Took me a few weeks of CCW daily to finally shake the feeling of being a criminal. I still remember the first time someone spotted my gun as I got out of a booth at a restaurant. Their eyes were like ahhhh I see you have a gun. And then they went back to eating.

This is so freakin' true.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware

There's a guy here in De that calls that Spock eyes. He also receives "the nod" from time to time.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's

Hahahaha! This was the feeling I had for a while as well. However, I live 15 mins from King George, VA and on rare occasions I like to open carry in front of the Charles County, MD and Maryland Transit Authority Sheriff/Police Departments while they are across the bridge in King George either at the Wawa, Walmart, or Sheetz is where I see them. I am not taunting, I just getting them familiar to the ideals that soon we will be able to do this in Maryland and not everyone with a gun is a bad guy.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    What have you been smoking?

_

It is legal to open carry in VA. It's nothing they can do in another state. Some day's I feel like OC and some days I feel like CC. It's not a taunting thing if they happen to be there or not.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    but you said we'll be able to do this in MD?

sure.

Attachments

• pig.jpg
      pig.jpg
      5.8 KB · Views: 83

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unless SCOTUS rules on some method of carry being constitutional, we won't ever carry in MD. Gov. Hogan doesn't seem inclined to change G&S.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    Unless SCOTUS rules on some method of carry being constitutional, we won't ever carry in MD. Gov. Hogan doesn't seem inclined to change G&S.

You are so right! We have to do something; especially, get more pro 2A representatives in the MGA. I heard the Gov is pushing hard for redistricting, which I am hoping will happen. Doubt it, but remain optimistic. Also, doing the primary elections in 2014, I voted for Charles Lollar, which he constantly express where he stand on the 2A and I know he would not have hesitate to get a positive clear direction regarding Maryland W&C G&S and OC to law abiding citizens. For now, we have to hope for the best of Gov Hogan to address this issue prior the end of his first term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom