• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newto2a

Oct 23, 2020
    Hi - Do they send you an email approval? I applied for mine last week and I currently have a gun in FFL jail waiting for my 30 days to pass. I want it lol.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Hi - Do they send you an email approval? I applied for mine last week and I currently have a gun in FFL jail waiting for my 30 days to pass. I want it lol.

It’s an email approval.

But it won’t matter for your gun currently in FFL jail. Since you did not check the box during the 77r saying “I am a designated collector” it will proceed with the normal 30 day wait between regulated purchases regardless of when your collector status is approved.

I know because I experienced this exact situation

newto2a

Oct 23, 2020
    Well I haven't filled out my 77r. I was waiting until we got closer to the 30 day period to end.

MacGyverS2000

Oct 25, 2020
    Forgive this newbie's confusion, but... am I truly reading correctly that the collector's app isn't approved unless a previous (MD) handgun purchase was made? It's sitting in front of me awaiting a notary public sig so I can send it off.

I've been offered a collection (TWO collections, actually, from two different friends of the family), but I would hate to think I have to go purchase another handgun (this one in MD) just to make the application "valid".

This is really bumming me out on a week that has been on a high...

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Forgive this newbie's confusion, but... am I truly reading correctly that the collector's app isn't approved unless a previous (MD) handgun purchase was made? It's sitting in front of me awaiting a notary public sig so I can send it off.

I've been offered a collection (TWO collections, actually, from two different friends of the family), but I would hate to think I have to go purchase another handgun (this one in MD) just to make the application "valid".

This is really bumming me out on a week that has been on a high...

If you own a regulated firearm in Maryland, you qualify to be a designated collector. If you don’t own one already, you can have 1 every 30 days or 2 every 60 days. Once you pick up the first one, then you can apply for collector status. Stop by or call the store at 410-921-6393 and we can walk you through the process. Eric, Logan and myself are notary publics so we can notarize the form for you when you’re ready.

Chuck

BPH102687

I like things and stuff, mostly stuff.
    Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    I put in for my collector's license about two weeks ago. Have gotten my HQL back but no word on my collector's license. Just wondering if there's a place to check that or what to expect?
    Very easy and quick. Apply, approved, get license in mail.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    I put in for my collector's license about two weeks ago. Have gotten my HQL back but no word on my collector's license. Just wondering if there's a place to check that or what to expect?
    They're swamped with W&C, so I imagine collector status applications are slightly lower priority. If you have a HQL, it is usually just a couple of weeks, maybe a little longer right now with the combination of holidays and W&C backlog.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    They're swamped with W&C, so I imagine collector status applications are slightly lower priority. If you have a HQL, it is usually just a couple of weeks, maybe a little longer right now with the combination of holidays and W&C backlog.
    That comment was from 2018, I'm sure he has gotten it by now, and used it several times.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Isn't that the Special License that allows you to transport military grade weapons without a Labrador Retriever in your car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom