• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I would go with the Glock, since this is what I have. Plus heavier recoil spring , for heavier load, is very affordable from NDZ.

More comfortable with G29 gen 4 than the G20, ended up getting a 4.5" barrel for the 29 as well.

Most of the time, it's either the G29, or 41 (with 10mm barrel) or G40 which go to the range with me.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I would go with the Glock, since this is what I have. Plus heavier recoil spring , for heavier load, is very affordable from NDZ.

More comfortable with G29 gen 4 than the G20, ended up getting a 4.5" barrel for the 29 as well.

Most of the time, it's either the G29, or 41 (with 10mm barrel) or G40 which go to the range with me.

Does your Glock 29 with the 4.5 just have the extra barrel sticking out or did you get a longer slide?

What brought you to enjoying the 10mm so much?

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Just barrel sticking out of G29. No long slide.

Ran across Black panthers (4 legged animal) a few times in a gated community in Boca Raton made me ponder if 9mm or 40 was enough. I decided to investigate 10 mm, and I liked it for both concealed carry and HD. Maybe it was just an excuse to get into something else....

Plus I have been shooting 40 cal for many years. Being able to shoot (cheaper) 40 cal out of G20/G29/G40 for practice really got me into it. Out of G29, the 40 was very soft to shoot and enjoyable (VS G23/27). Of course, I might run Underwood ammo through now and then , as a reminder.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    You should check out the EAA Witness 10mm line, they are far superior to both.

I'm sorry for coming late to the party, but I would greatly suggest looking at the EAA Witness if the OP hasn't bought a gun yet.

I have a Glock 20, 2nd generation, and a EAA Witness in 10mm. The EAA Witness is far better as a shooter and more reliable, in my opinion.

The stock glock barrel wasn't able to stabilize coated bullets I used in reloads, 185 gr flatpoints, and the accuracy was horrible. It was only good with jacked bullets. I ended up replacing the barrel with a Storm Lake barrel so I can shoot both jacket and coated bullets accurately. Also, the recoil with the glock was more noticeable than with the Witness, using the same ammo. You can buy a lot more accessories for the Glock than for the Witness, but this wasn't a factor for me because I wanted a gun that was close to stock.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I'm sorry for coming late to the party, but I would greatly suggest looking at the EAA Witness if the OP hasn't bought a gun yet.

I have a Glock 20, 2nd generation, and a EAA Witness in 10mm. The EAA Witness is far better as a shooter and more reliable, in my opinion.

The stock glock barrel wasn't able to stabilize coated bullets I used in reloads, 185 gr flatpoints, and the accuracy was horrible. It was only good with jacked bullets. I ended up replacing the barrel with a Storm Lake barrel so I can shoot both jacket and coated bullets accurately. Also, the recoil with the glock was more noticeable than with the Witness, using the same ammo. You can buy a lot more accessories for the Glock than for the Witness, but this wasn't a factor for me because I wanted a gun that was close to stock.

Nope haven't made the jump yet! Thanks for your opinion

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I’ve had a G21 for a years. Picked up a G21 slide off Gunbroker and a few mags at the Chantilly show and now have both a G21 and G20. Only shot it once so far but sure is fun.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I can't speak with authority on 10mm pistols, but I have some experience with Springfield. I have several, and they fit my hand much better than any Glock that I tried. There are improvements and upgrades available, notably from Powder River Precision. All of my pistols (9mm, .40 and .45) were 100% reliable out of the box, but were significantly improved with trigger kits, frame safety extensions, and a tune up from John Cardunner (Trikshot on this forum). When he worked on my first XDM in .40 (okay, feel free to question my XY orientation), he liked it so much that he bought one for himself. Since then he has tuned every one of my pistols for smoothness and reliability, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Bottom line is that if a Springfield's ergonomics work for you, it can be brought up to an entirely higher level with some TLC from Trikshot and some parts from PRP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom