• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Define significant.

Well not that I listen to the scanner much anymore on the PD side, there have been days where they are running calls, and those never make it to the public. Think of it less as a "police blotter" and more of a "we only want you to know these few things that make HoCo look good."

I have run side by side with the HCPD on calls that were most likely news worthy and as long as no-one was around to see it, it didn't happen (as far as the public is concerned). They seem to go out of the way to hide a good bit of what happens.

Mark

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    When I worked for the county we ran stabbings, beatings and even the rare shooting that never made the news. Its dark, late, in Columbia and nobody saw a thing so lets keep it that way. That was almost 20 years ago. Howeird county will never change.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Well not that I listen to the scanner much anymore on the PD side, there have been days where they are running calls, and those never make it to the public. Think of it less as a "police blotter" and more of a "we only want you to know these few things that make HoCo look good."

I have run side by side with the HCPD on calls that were most likely news worthy and as long as no-one was around to see it, it didn't happen (as far as the public is concerned). They seem to go out of the way to hide a good bit of what happens.

Mark

When I worked for the county we ran stabbings, beatings and even the rare shooting that never made the news. Its dark, late, in Columbia and nobody saw a thing so lets keep it that way. That was almost 20 years ago. Howeird county will never change.

Yup, if nobody saw, it never happened.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    I used to live in Columbia, Howard County is an odd place. Like a lot of other people have said if no one saw it, it didn't happen. It's not all its cracked to be, I am glad i moved out when i did. Now, i can't even stand to drive through columbia. Thankfully i don't have too often

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_9969.jpg
      IMG_9969.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 534

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Interesting. I see that they weren't stealing work boots there.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think there have been two armed robberies at the ellicott city Walmart this year. Now a shooting inside the store and a retaliatory shooting outside the store.

Attachments

• IMG_9989.jpg
      IMG_9989.jpg
      98.9 KB · Views: 425

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads