• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have a thing to disinfect my CPAP mask and hose that uses UV light. Every time I come in the house I throw my cell phone and wallet in it to disinfect them.
    Is that the one step, or whatever that is? I think the one step is an ionizer and not uv. That's the only CPAP cleaner I know about.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I finally broke down and bought two way radios. I needed them anyway but that’s sorta a prep.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Wow! I am surprised that a single store had 3 bottles of the statesman in stock. Unless you went to multiple stores and literally got the last 3

In Frederick, give me 30 minutes and I could hit a couple of stores and have 5 or 6 bottles of Statesman. I see it all the time on my store tours.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Inspired by someone else in this thread who got an edible plants book, I grabbed this

Attachments

• 60885743-A953-4075-9A3F-BF80C455EB78.jpg
      60885743-A953-4075-9A3F-BF80C455EB78.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 383

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Was on one of the dealer sites and they had two boxes of .357 left at $19.99 along with .17HMR at a reasonable price. Snagged it. Could use the brass of the .357.

The rest of the ammo prices were insane. Back up to $100/1000 for .22 already.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I ordered a pulse oxygen sensor based on the recommendation of Teratos in the main virus thread. Seemed like $30 of assurance well spent.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    ...any of us who don’t have enough guns n ammo already...well, shame on them.

Oh agree plenty well stocked on everything else. Was just a little low on .357 and the price was really actually good and can always use .17 HMR for varmints. Got some .38 super as well as I have a long slide for my witness I have been meaning to try for like 10 years now. All at normal to good prices, just had to order enough to justify the $9.99 shipping (not for 2 boxes!). Now well see if it actually ships.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The rest of the ammo prices were insane. Back up to $100/1000 for .22 already.

That’s a huge bummer about .22. I could swim in my stash of .22 like Scrooge McDuck and would be happy hook MDS members up for cheap but I really don’t want to meet randos right now and take their possibly contaminated money, etc.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    FYI via email:

Dear Harbor Freight Community,

As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
    • Face Shields
    • 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves

If you work at a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in need of these items, please ask the office in charge of procurement at your hospital to click here so they can provide us with the information we’ll need to determine if we can make a donation. If you’re not with a hospital, but would like to give us the name of a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in your community that might need our help, please email us at hospitalhelp@harborfreight.com, identify the hospital’s city and state in the subject line, and our team will follow-up.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS AT YOUR LOCAL STORE OR OUR CALL CENTER AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HOSPITALS—THEY’RE BUSY HELPING THEIR PATIENTS.

For hospitals we’re able to help, we’ll email them a voucher when the supplies are available for pick up at their local Harbor Freight Tools store.

Although we certainly won’t have enough of these supplies to fill everyone’s needs, we’re going to donate everything we’ve got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We’ve chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.

Thank you and God Bless,

Eric Smidt
    Owner and Founder
    Harbor Freight Tools

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Nice! If they're for the genny, remember to stock up on engine oil too. Many gennies need an oil change after 50 hours, or about 2 days continuous running.

Good point. :thumbsup: Auto parts stores, at least in my area, are fully stocked. I had no problem getting a decent siphon/pump and stabilizer. I have a siphon but decided to throw a few bucks on the table and get one that will make the job easier. 11 bucks and now I don't get gas all over the place. I heard that the Lowe's stores are mad busy too. Don't forget about the auto parts stores, my friends!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I am always prepped on motor oil, because when Mobil1, Rotella, Pennzoil, etc have rebates, I always max out the rebate limits. I use synthetic oil and my avg cost per 5 quart jug is probably in the $10 range.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    We got a chest freezer 4 weeks ago and are steadily filling it.

Stocked up on hand sanitizer and cleaning stuff.

Actually feel like I have enough guns and ammo for the first time in awhile.

Protective gear is where I've found we lacked

My wife's a CRNA at a hospital and she's been stockpiling N95s and full face rigs and suits for her and her coworkers. I'm taking her to Pickup in the AM to get a large order of medical protective gear she's ordered. I'm only joining her so she Has armed protection with her.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I followed the good doctor's advice and got a pulse oximeter. If I hold my breath really hard (like "I gotta breathe NOW!" hard), I can make o2 levels drop to 93% so I guess it's working.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
      Clipboard02.jpg
      25.2 KB · Views: 308

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads