• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Lol. Now that is planning.

Not that I am counting! Or taking overtime as compensatory leave instead of pay so that I can buy leave at the end of my career and shrink that number down. I can retire at 46 years old, so I need to save another 4 months of leave to be able to retire the day after I turn 46.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not that I am counting! Or taking overtime as compensatory leave instead of pay so that I can buy leave at the end of my career and shrink that number down. I can retire at 46 years old, so I need to save another 4 months of leave to be able to retire the day after I turn 46.
    I'll be going out at 64(less than a year and a half). :o

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'll be going out at 64(less than a year and a half). :o

****You wouldn't happen to be dyslexic would you? Cuz Spoon059 is retiring at 46! Or.. mebbe he's dyslexic and plans on staying at his job until 64 too!

I don't have a particular age I plan on retiring, so I guess as long as my health holds out I guess I'll just keep working until I get sick of it, or meet a nice gal who can support me in the manner I have become accustomed to... :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ****You wouldn't happen to be dyslexic would you? Cuz Spoon059 is retiring at 46! Or.. mebbe he's dyslexic and plans on staying at his job until 64 too!

I don't have a particular age I plan on retiring, so I guess as long as my health holds out I guess I'll just keep working until I get sick of it, or meet a nice gal who can support me in the manner I have become accustomed to... :thumbsup:
    I am(dyslexic), but I was trying to figure out how to work the flip into my post and it just wouldn't work. So I left it for others to figure it out.
    You came very close...

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    no guns with the stimulus money but i did buy a laptop, deposit on a lazy boy soffa and a new fridge. once i get the second round it will pay for the rest of the soffa and the other fridge i bought.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

But at what % if you don’t mind me asking?

I have 1100 hours of sick leave. I need 2080 to add 2.5% to my retirement.

At 53 yrs old I’ll have 30 years. If you add in my sick leave it’ll be 80% of my salary at retirement for the rest of my life.

I would also do 27 (assuming i have the sick leave percentage) and come back on a 2 year contract as senior police officer

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

At 53 yrs old I’ll have 30 years. If you add in my sick leave it’ll be 80% of my salary at retirement for the rest of my life.

I would also do 27 (assuming i have the sick leave percentage) and come back on a 2 year contract as senior police officer

25 years at 60%. Each additional year is 2.4%. There is a cap, but I don't know what it is. Now that I'm off the road, it's a remote possibility that I stay past 25 years if my parents are still alive and I'm not hating my job. We'll see when I get there, but I can live pretty well in SC or TN on my pension, plus I'll be young enough to get a part time job to supplement my income and raise my SS wages.

And no, not dyslexic. Eligible for full retirement at 25 years of service, which is 46 years old!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    25 years at 60%. Each additional year is 2.4%. There is a cap, but I don't know what it is. Now that I'm off the road, it's a remote possibility that I stay past 25 years if my parents are still alive and I'm not hating my job. We'll see when I get there, but I can live pretty well in SC or TN on my pension, plus I'll be young enough to get a part time job to supplement my income and raise my SS wages.

And no, not dyslexic. Eligible for full retirement at 25 years of service, which is 46 years old!

LOL. No, he was accusing me of that.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

The number game is never fun. I "could" be done at 38. But it is at 50%. Absent a huge lifestyle adjustment, it just doesn't make sense. Stay another 5 and up to 60% and while we are getting closer, it is still a gamble if you live long enough to make that pension not enough.

There's a few other perks left on the table as well. Had I lived an entirely different life from age 18-28, I could likely be in a position to leave at 38-ish.

I do not want to have to work again. If I decide something fits my life and schedule sure. But ideally I'd walk away from my job and be done.

In your profession, as recruitment becomes harder and harder, I'm sure they will sweeten the pot to keep bodies.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I get stimulus checks every time and I think it's obscene. We're both working and the AGI threshold for this relief is way too high.
    I don't refuse the money because I'll be sending it back in the form of taxes anyway.

I won't spend it a dime of it. It'll earn interest until I pay my taxes or I'll just hoard it for emergencies...which seems more and more likely each day.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I got on at 23. So i “could” leave at 47 (12 years) but i never wanna work another day in my life. So between investments and pension i should be fine. I don’t want a part time job unless someone will pay me to drink Natty

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom