• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    My problem is my dumbass has stocked up and range/plinking ammo and neglected my hunting stash.

I’m good for a while but I’d like 200-300 rounds of my hunting stuff so i don’t have to worry for a while

Don't sweat it. The plinking stuff will still work in a sub-optimal situation and can be traded for the hunting ammo.

When the proverbial shit hits the fan food and ammunition are going to be the only two "legal" tenders.. the current fiat currency that we're all carrying around in our wallets and in our banks will be worthless and although precious metals will still hold their value you can't eat them and you can't defend yourself with them.

My idea of enough ammunition is there's never enough ammunition... Luckily for me I stocked up pretty good before the 2008 and 2012 election and then stocked up big time on reloading components before the 2016 election. There's a rumor floating around that Congress is considering a bill that would add a 50% sales tax to firearms and a 30% sales tax on ammunition so if you think ammo is expensive now just wait until that bill passes. If you don't thank you have enough now but you're unwilling to pay today's prices you might want to reconsider that thinking. Even if prices remained where they are right now add another 30% to every box.

May 13, 2005
    How much is enough?

129,902,414,025 Rounds. Exactly. Of each caliber.

Honestly though, stocking ammo is old news. You should get into stocking up on power modules for the laser weapons coming out soon.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    All relative to each shooter and how often they shoot.

I've been through this before and couldn't shoot matches because of it, vowed never again. So I have enough to shoot this year. I even bought a spare bartlein tube just in case lol

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I never thought my current stockpile looked small until I looked at it after the election. Now, I don't feel nearly as well prepared as I thought I was.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Like crabs and beer.......... never enough. :) I shot 60 rounds of 22 today out of my Mk4, not that I needed to but just to make it feel loved. Drop in the bucket.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Starting with the Clinton primer scare of the early nineties I bought components as I could afford so not to be caught short again.

I bought bullet molds for just about everything I own. I can cast and load for my .38,9mm, .357, .45acp, and .45lc for close to a nickel. I'm just starting casting for rifles and this should be fun too. We'll have to see how it goes.

I have what I consider plenty in the calibers important to me. The only thing I consider myself short of is Eley Tenex .22lr for my newest target rifle, there is only ten boxes of ten different lots. I don't know which lot # shoots best in it as I think is been too cold to get the best accuracy out of .22lr.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I need enough ammo to completely fill all my mags..... but then I also need mags for all my ammo. Its a cycle.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Most popular calibers i am in a good position , if shtf you are going to want 9mm and up . Maybe pocket carry .380

I lack the small bug back up ammo .

bronco

Dec 14, 2020
    se Va
    Its kind of like how many rounds/mags do you have on your person when you legally carry (open or concealed).
    As a minimum, unless you have your own militia at home, you need to have enough there to egress out of a defensive situation along with family/friends and some ammo that you can carry out too.
    Your imagination will create your stocking level.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Its kind of like how many rounds/mags do you have on your person when you legally carry (open or concealed).
    As a minimum, unless you have your own militia at home, you need to have enough there to egress out of a defensive situation along with family/friends and some ammo that you can carry out too.
    Your imagination will create your stocking level.

A man protecting his home & family is not a "Militia" that word is way over used by liberals to paint a picture they want .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom