• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    I havent been shooting in a while and I know there is a problem getting ar 15 ammo and 22 lr but nobody even has 303 british or the russian stuff what gives with that?

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I’m still getting Wolf and Tula 5.45 & 7.62x39 for between.31-.44cpr. Now this is online and granted it not gonna won’t last for long periods but it is obtainable for a decent price in this market if you are watching for it. Aim surplus constantly has Russian on sale for under .50cpr if you watch there site.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    FWIW, I just ordered 1,000 rds x39 from Global Ordnance - THEY HAVE JUST ABOUT ALL TULA steel cased CALIBERS IN STOCK AS OF 0400hrs 10FEB2021

As a rule, I only fire steel cased ammo through my few ComBloc’s; and, 0.50 cents / round for steel cased, BERDAN PRIMED 122gr fmj x39 is No screaming deal by any stretch of the imag but, the “Silly How Much Do You Have?” thread jogged my memory x39 is perhaps the one cal. I can use more of (and it helped that I got a timely email yesterday GO has some $8 x39 SoKOR mags I’ve been hearing good things about).

So, there you have it: https://globalordnance.com/1000rd-c...-79949016&mc_cid=3d9df35742&mc_eid=597a031360

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Ammo can be found even cheap ass steel. Problem is the price. Cheap steel is now .50CPR.

I have a GSSF match coming up in DE. The kids want to shoot it as well. With the replacement cost of ammo I don't know how many divisions the kids will shoot. Practice will cost a car payment now!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm trying to remember what Walmart sold the 7.62x39 boxes for before they stopped selling them.
    I made it a habbit of picking up a bulk pack every time I got dragged there.
    $20/100 sound right? or was it $9.99 / box of 40?

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    I'm trying to remember what Walmart sold the 7.62x39 boxes for before they stopped selling them.

I used to buy it for about that price at walmart in glen burnie.

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    I have some Russian 54r that I would be willing to part with. 22lr also.
    PM me if interested. thx.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    What I've noticed is a shortage of M2 30-06, that's hard to find now.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    FWIW, I just ordered 1,000 rds x39 from Global Ordnance - ...

Just checked the Status of my order; it’s been 31 hours and the order is still awaiting “Fulfillment” (aka - pull it off the shelf and pack it up) let alone not having shipped yet ... hmmm, not off to a stellar start as far as future business ... :rolleye12

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Just checked the Status of my order; it’s been 31 hours and the order is still awaiting “Fulfillment” (aka - pull it off the shelf and pack it up) let alone not having shipped yet ... hmmm, not off to a stellar start as far as future business ... :rolleye12

I'm experiencing a similar delay from another vendor. At the top of their site was a banner that I missed stating: "Due to high volume, shipping may be delayed for up to 5 business days."

You might want to see if your vendor has the same caveat.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay

I was buying the boxes of 40. I have quite a bit still. Walmart and Dick's sold them cheap. I liked buying the spam cans from them better.

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    and then there is 303 wtf is the story on that. YOu would think a round like that would have lots of people making it.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It started getting bad when the CMP ran out of HXP.

I remember when CMP did have loose, cheap HXP, everyone was b*tching about it being cans of "floor sweepings". Typical FMJ low accuracy. I've pulled rounds from the same box (from the spam cans of cardboard boxes of HXP), weighed the charges, and seen significant variances.

HXP brass is fantastic for reloading, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom