Baltimore Will No Longer Prosecute ‘Low Level Crimes’ Like Prostitution, Trespassing,

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    With open container laws no longer being enforced, I am actually looking forward to walking home from the bars with a beer in-hand. Just have to be extra careful and avoid the turd land mines when walking around

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    With open container laws no longer being enforced, I am actually looking forward to walking home from the bars with a beer in-hand. Just have to be extra careful and avoid the turd land mines when walking around

When did they enforce open containers? I lived in Bmore for 12 years and would walk to the square with a beer all the time. I would even gasp... sit on my stoop while drinking on a public sidewalk. Also, the bars won' t let you leave with an open container, I had to chug many a beer before heading home.

Open container was only a thing if the cops didn't like you. Bonus points if you used a brown paper bag.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    When did they enforce open containers? I lived in Bmore for 12 years and would walk to the square with a beer all the time. I would even gasp... sit on my stoop while drinking on a public sidewalk. Also, the bars won' t let you leave with an open container, I had to chug many a beer before heading home.

Open container was only a thing if the cops didn't like you. Bonus points if you used a brown paper bag.

I live in Little Italy now, and I think we would just laugh if a police officer said anything to us about an open container.

I lived in Canton from 06 to 12, and used to congregate with neighbors in front of our houses. Cop rolled by looking for someone and stopped to talk to us. He laughed at *us* for trying to hide our beers.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I live in Little Italy now, and I think we would just laugh if a police officer said anything to us about an open container.

I lived in Canton from 06 to 12, and used to congregate with neighbors in front of our houses. Cop rolled by looking for someone and stopped to talk to us. He laughed at *us* for trying to hide our beers.

I used to occasionally eat at the Quiznos that was on the corner of Odonnell and S Linwood in Odonnell square. One day I was seated and eating when I observed a low IQ human in the place go up to a couple other guys who were also eating in there. He just so happened to be inquiring if they were interested in some ( illegal product)

If you guys can't see where this is going.... They just happen to be the undercover guys and well, I think they essentially gave him a chance to either hang himself, or get smart.

If one keeps his eyes open long enough over a 50+ year life they usually see quite a lot of things the average bear misses.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I used to occasionally eat at the Quiznos that was on the corner of Odonnell and S Linwood in Odonnell square. One day I was seated and eating when I observed a low IQ human in the place go up to a couple other guys who were also eating in there. He just so happened to be inquiring if they were interested in some ( illegal product)

If you guys can't see where this is going.... They just happen to be the undercover guys and well, I think they essentially gave him a chance to either hang himself, or get smart.

If one keeps his eyes open long enough over a 50+ year life they usually see quite a lot of things the average bear misses.

"You can observe an awful lot, just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is that :

The fewer crimes prosecuted , the more crimes the Residents can commit while still looking good on paper ?

Or the fewer crimes prosecuted , the more crimes the Elected Officials can commit ?

In Baltimore , there's plenty of both , so it's not a joke to ask .

Last edited:

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel

It is probably the same as open containers in Ocean City. In my experience the only people that got written up were already deserving for another dozen reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom