What wil Woke logic do to dirtbikes/dirtbikers if anything?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Anyway,

Having ridden dirtbikes for nearly 45 years, I have a few things to say in regards to the current Dirtbike scene in some areas.

As I was checking out some news, I ran across a few interesting headlines and links on Microsoft's news feed. Imagine 3 stories out of Baltimore in the headlines about VICTIMS of CRIMES and or Accidents likely from CRIMES.

This one came from WBFF News:
    https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local...ers-in-connection-with-northern-pkwy-shooting

The one that got me looking for info was this one.

https://foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/local/dirt-biker-killed-in-annapolis-accident

AND within that page, a " Related article"

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local...angerous-dirt-bike-dilemma-drives-up-concerns
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not help but shake my head at some places in this article.................

"Baltimore’s dirt bike “counterculture,” as Rev. Al Hathaway described it, has been a problem in the City for years and one City leaders have seemingly ignored."

Hathaway, the leader of the faith-based group Act Now Baltimore, said he sees the illegal activity as a counterculture and an activity spawned out of the City not embracing the talent of the drivers in the first place.

“They shouldn’t be ostracized, they should be embraced,” Hathaway said. “As a result, they are demonstrating their skills in places that we really don’t want them to be.”

However, Hathaway said he wouldn’t be opposed to making the activity legal somehow and allow people to make some money.
    “Maybe we should license them and make them take a driver’s test. Maybe that’s the way to go,” he said. “Maybe we need to look at it like an industry, like a business where people can earn a living.”

Councilman Eric Costello represents the Federal Hill area and did not respond to questions from FOX45 News on May 25 about what he would like to see done at the city level to address the dangerous activity.

The video from Federal Hill surfaced after video from Fells Point on Saturday evening showed dirt bikers riding down a crowded street, popping wheelies while a BPD cruiser drives behind.

Due to safety concerns, it’s BPD’s policy not to chase or pursue bikers or other motorists for most situations.

“Even though it’s not an activity that we want, it’s just too dangerous,” Jason Johnson said, former deputy BPD commissioner.

FOX45 News learned in May that the task force dedicated to tackling the dirt bike problems, launched in 2016, was disbanded.

“The Baltimore Police Department continues to address the illegal use of dirt bikes in Baltimore City. We are asking residents that if they have any information on suspects or storage locations for dirt bikes to please call, text or even send pictures to our Tip Line at 443-902-4474,” BPD Spokesperson Lindsey Eldridge said. “Additionally, the department is working to educate local gas station owners on preventing illegal dirt bike fueling. Gas stations that willingly allow dirt bikes and other unregistered vehicles to fuel at their stations are subject to a $1,000.00 fine or imprisonment for no more than 90 days.”

But Johnson said the best thing to do to deal with the dirt bikers is to bring back the task force, noting the effectiveness of it when it was operational.

“I would question the wisdom of that because the dirt bike challenge presents a real threat to public safety,” Johnson said of disbanding the task force. “The video of the weekend in Fells Point is just another reminder. There are people standing very close by where there are people who are just driving very, very fast and it just appears to be unsafe.”

Questions to BPD about why the dirt bike task force was disbanded were not answered on May 24.
    Outside of the task force right now, Johnson said City Council plays a role in enforcement and tackling the issues as well. Johnson said councilmembers could pass legislation to empower officers with more tools to confiscate some bikes in certain situations. Confiscation of ATVs and dirt bikes by BPD already happened at least once this year in Curtis Bay.

Councilman Zeke Cohen represents Fells Point, the area where the latest video of dirt bikers surfaced over the weekend, issued a statement to FOX45 News on May 23 and said he works with state leaders and various non-profits to stop the safety concerns.

“There is no simple solution. BPD has made it clear that they will not chase dirt bike riders. I support organizations like B-360 and power fest Baltimore that invest in the capacity of young people who are interested in dirt biking while discouraging unsafe practices,” Cohen wrote. “I will continue to work with urgency with all stakeholders for public safety."

B-360 taps into the dirt bike culture by linking riders to stem education founded by a former chemical engineer and elementary teacher. It's gotten more than 30 riders off the streets and into jobs.

Questions to Cohen went ignored May 24 about what exactly he’s doing to help stop the illegal activity and if he would support similar legislation floated by Johnson.

In the meantime, with warmer weather on the horizon again, Johnson said Baltimore City leaders should act sooner than later.

“We shouldn’t wait for a tragedy, a child to be struck, or something like that before we act,” Johnson said.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO, How many of us think every one of the dirtbikes and ATV's out on the streets are Legally Owned by the Operators, Bought and Paid for with money from JOBS? I mean JOBS of the operators,,,,,,,,,,,, Not JOBS of people who had their bikes stolen by THUGS?

Anyone think the Annapolis Youth who is now dead, was riding legally? We all know that MORE laws means Less crime, MOMS and Joe Bidet and Froschole tell us so every time they attempt to solve Murders by blaming the Tools of the crimes instead of dealing with the actual root of the problem, THE PERPETRATORS.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Also, in the statement about making the activity legal somehow... IT IS LEGAL/ THOSE who RIDE LEGALLY do so on their own properties, properties of friends, Race tracks, Public Lands, and according to the rules of those Lands, Tracks etc. Pay for Club Memberships, Dues, Park Fees and Licenses etc.

THEY also BUY Dirtbikes and ATV's and Trucks and Trailers to transport them with, by having JOBS to accumulate the funds to do so.

JUST LIKE most of the ILLEGAL SHOOTINGS, MOST VICTIMS ARE SHOT by ILLEGALLY POSSESSED GUNS that were stolen just like a vast majority of the dirtbikes being used on CITY Streets and Sidewalks, Parks are. STOLEN BIKES = ILLEGAL RIDING.

ONLY in today's WOKE world, to arrest the riders and trace the bikes to the LEGAL owners for return, is Racist.

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    They need their own motorcycles that can start pursuit with special equipment to disable a few bikes and catch the bad guys, perhaps some kind of rope device that could wrap around the wheel to bring it down. Watch the word spread quickly that there is a "defense" against them and it will mostly stop, crooks only fear apprehension and real legal consequences, and that is all, so if they can stop the apprehension they never even have to cry about the legal side... so they evade/resist... which is what starts all of this bs were seeing. about 95+% of these incidents starts because the crook doesn't WANT to get caught and taken to jail.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    MRH, Here is the problem with that thinking or most efforts today.

The problem is if the problem can't be used to profit the crooked politicians, Big Tech, Woke Mobs, Cartels, Gangs, and as ammo against Donald Trump, law abiding Conservatives and Moderates, then it will likely continue to be a footnote in the course of Baltimore and Md status quo.

Lawful riders like me and my one bike in 1980, my buddy a few years back,will wake up to find their bikes gone. Locked sheds, and garages still didn't prevent multiple bikes from being stolen and never returned. The sad part is " The politicians will waste time and money at half assed measures if any at all to fix the real problems. It would not surprise me if "Common Sense Dirtbike laws" won't find their way to Annapolis soon. That ought to fix it. The dirtbikers will definitely stop once they make a law, dontcha know.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ... Gas stations that willingly allow dirt bikes and other unregistered vehicles to fuel at their stations are subject to a $1,000.00 fine or imprisonment for no more than 90 days.”

And there it is. Typical Liberal/Maryland solution. Ignore the people breaking the law and go after businesses, many of them small businesses.

I doubt that half of those dirtbikes are legally owned.
    Maybe it's time for a DQL (Dirtbike Qualification License)

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This makes me sorry I even looked at any news of the day today.

Guys paid to go after guns, then they do crimes themselves, and now the city has to pay MILLIONS to others, and some getting the payouts are in jail themselves.

Dirtbike content also in this scenario too. What a black eye, Baltimore is on Md. The largest payout, $500,000, will go to a man that's in prison.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local...llion-settle-12-gun-trace-task-force-lawsuits

They need their own motorcycles that can start pursuit with special equipment to disable a few bikes and catch the bad guys, perhaps some kind of rope device that could wrap around the wheel to bring it down. Watch the word spread quickly that there is a "defense" against them and it will mostly stop, crooks only fear apprehension and real legal consequences, and that is all, so if they can stop the apprehension they never even have to cry about the legal side... so they evade/resist... which is what starts all of this bs were seeing. about 95+% of these incidents starts because the crook doesn't WANT to get caught and taken to jail.

In most of America, I would agree with your above statement. However the topic is about Baltimore City. There is no fear of going to jail over riding a dirtbike on the streets there. Hell, carjackings being nolle prosqued in Baltimore is not unheard of.
    Severe pain and/or injury is the only deterrent to those who understand there are zero ramifications for all but the worst of felonies. We all know damn well BPD won't be authorized to clothesline a couple dirt bikers to get the point across that the action isn't acceptable. Thus, the cycle will continue.
    Someone posted something similar to the following today, and I agree 100%... If people were actually aware of what was going on around them all day, every day in Baltimore City, their minds would be blown- sometimes funny, sometimes sad and sometimes downright horrific. Things that are downright insane in >99% of America are perfectly acceptable to many there.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    In most of America, I would agree with your above statement. However the topic is about Baltimore City. There is no fear of going to jail over riding a dirtbike on the streets there. Hell, carjackings being nolle prosqued in Baltimore is not unheard of.
    Severe pain and/or injury is the only deterrent to those who understand there are zero ramifications for all but the worst of felonies. We all know damn well BPD won't be authorized to clothesline a couple dirt bikers to get the point across that the action isn't acceptable. Thus, the cycle will continue.
    Someone posted something similar to the following today, and I agree 100%... If people were actually aware of what was going on around them all day, every day in Baltimore City, their minds would be blown- sometimes funny, sometimes sad and sometimes downright horrific. Things that are downright insane in >99% of America are perfectly acceptable to many there.

Yup

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the Other Reverend Al was actually asking a serious question , the answers are already blindingly obvious :

They already Can get Licensed to drive bikes on the streets . It's called a Class M Drivers License .

Of course the bikes would then to be street legal and tagged . Enduro aka Dual Sport bikes probably wouldn't be very competitive at a Motocross race , but plenty capable of pavement going ons .

OR , they could do like everyone else and haul their bikes to an off roading venue . Don't have many close to Baltimore ? Well here's a great opportunity for Other Reverend Al to periodically block off the parking lot of his Church and invite the 'yutes to come ride . This isn't totally off the wall , back in the day in the old neighborhood , a local church would close off their parking lot for go- cart riding . Heck , this could become something big , he could coordinate with other member churches to offer this all over the city .

All the above said semi- seriously , but probably not happening .

The other observations - The more you fail to enforce traffic and public order Misdemeanors sufficiently to establish a sense of the parameters of acceptable and appropriate public conduct , the more the civic sphere will come to resemble a real life reincarnation of Mad Max .

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Crap thinking like this really puckers my patootie. Mostly stolen, unlicensed off-road bikes, ridden by unlicensed riders, ridden on the streets. Condoned by the powers that be. An increasing number of 'squeegee kids' assaulting and threatening motorists who mostly just want to get from point A to point B without being hassled and pan handled in fear of bodily and/or vehicular harm.

What do all these lawbreakers have in common? Nope, it's not what you might be thinking at first... that's just coincidental. It's a woeful lack of consistent consequences for bad behavior. Send enough of these miscreants off to boot camp, preferably in the deep south where it's hot and humid, mosquito infested, no air conditioning, and introduce them to Sheriff Joe Arpaio's brand of re-education, and at least some of those who survive might mend their ways.

Lots of sociological causes, most of which have been fomented by the racist democrat party to engender loyalty to the government teat by blindly voting D. Destruction of the nuclear family and traditional family values (i.e., two parent households). It's not rocket surgery. Brain science?

This dangerous behavior doesn't seem to happen in conservative cities, run by Republicans, does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom