Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old April 9th, 2021, 05:49 PM #3161
Deplorable Welder

Deplorable Welder

Went back on to the form and there seems to be no spot where you have New or Renew
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2021, 08:01 AM #3162
Deplorable Welder

Deplorable Welder

This application process is very difficult for someone that is not good with computers . I am pulling my thin gray hair out . Finally figured out in the livescan section they want a Number and i just plugged in Renewal in the place of and it accepted it

Now i can't get my Passport Pics the correct size 600 x 600 pixels in a PDF or Jpeg file i am screaming over here .
Old April 10th, 2021, 08:01 AM #3163
Deplorable Welder

Deplorable Welder

This application process is very difficult for someone that is not good with computers . I am pulling my thin gray hair out . Finally figured out in the livescan section they want a Number and i just plugged in Renewal in the place of and it accepted it

Now i can't get my Passport Pics the correct size 600 x 600 pixels in a PDF or Jpeg file i am screaming over here .
Old April 12th, 2021, 02:49 PM #3164
King Lurker

King Lurker

For all who have successfully received the HGP as business owners, what questions can I expect from the State police interview? My references were contacted and I'm hoping my call is coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Dr: How often do you see them?
Me: All the time. They're everywhere. You won't tell anyone my secret, right?
Dr: No. I promise.
bigjoegood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2021, 02:53 PM #3165
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
For all who have successfully received the HGP as business owners, what questions can I expect from the State police interview? My references were contacted and I'm hoping my call is coming soon.
You'll answer more questions that get at your drinking habits, temperament, and daily life than you will about your business (presuming you've provided all of the necessary business-related docs with your application).

Don't ramble or offer conversation that isn't explicitly asked for. Just keep it simple. If you're married, expect a call to your spouse, as well.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2021, 04:19 PM #3166
King Lurker

King Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
You'll answer more questions that get at your drinking habits, temperament, and daily life than you will about your business (presuming you've provided all of the necessary business-related docs with your application).

Don't ramble or offer conversation that isn't explicitly asked for. Just keep it simple. If you're married, expect a call to your spouse, as well.
Cool, no issues with any of that. I provided just a little bit more than was required of receipts and bank statements. Thanks.

Old April 13th, 2021, 06:19 AM #3167

I just got my wear and carry permit card in the mail first week of March after applying right before Thanksgiving. I used the Federal Employee with a security clearance category, and everything was pretty easy peasy minus that they wanted to talk to and verify with my security manager my clearance level and employment status, which he already wrote a memorandum of record for. That guy is the most inaccessible person at work, so it was held up for 2 weeks while the investigator and security manager phone tagged each other, and both of them were emailing me to bitch about the other the entire time.

Interview focused almost completely on questions about alcohol and deviant behavior; do you drink your dog, beat your alcohol, etc.
Ravitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2021, 07:46 AM #3168

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoegood1 View Post

Mid-March, 2021 - I was asked to send in bank statements even though i had included them in my original submission. When i emailed those to the female officer I received a call within minutes for my interview (this might've been on a Friday afternoon.) It was casual, & along with the usual questions already detailed on this thread I was asked what my business was, where it was, what financial instruments did i carry, & why did i feel that all of that warranted an hgp. i said that i wanted an hgp to help protect my business & financial resources (same verbiage i used on my app). She didn't comment on my business being a consultancy, worked from home, and that most of my financial business is electronic & hadn't involved much travel over the last year. She did ask how long i had been in business (3 years - even though she had that info from my md secstate business filing certificates) She was pleasant, businesses-like, & not at all judgy. She said that all my references had been checked (even though no one ever told me they'd been contacted). She said my app would then be passed along to the approval person & i would receive any email to go into my profile & check the status. That happened within about 7 days & i had my no-restrictions card in wallet within another 5 days or so. I didn't act like a 2a asshole, & she didn't act like a md gun control liberal. Whether we both were or not.

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God.
TTMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2021, 08:53 AM #3169
King Lurker

King Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMD View Post
Mid-March, 2021 - I was asked to send in bank statements even though i had included them in my original submission. When i emailed those to the female officer I received a call within minutes for my interview (this might've been on a Friday afternoon.) It was casual, & along with the usual questions already detailed on this thread I was asked what my business was, where it was, what financial instruments did i carry, & why did i feel that all of that warranted an hgp. i said that i wanted an hgp to help protect my business & financial resources (same verbiage i used on my app). She didn't comment on my business being a consultancy, worked from home, and that most of my financial business is electronic & hadn't involved much travel over the last year. She did ask how long i had been in business (3 years - even though she had that info from my md secstate business filing certificates) She was pleasant, businesses-like, & not at all judgy. She said that all my references had been checked (even though no one ever told me they'd been contacted). She said my app would then be passed along to the approval person & i would receive any email to go into my profile & check the status. That happened within about 7 days & i had my no-restrictions card in wallet within another 5 days or so. I didn't act like a 2a asshole, & she didn't act like a md gun control liberal. Whether we both were or not.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for!

Old April 17th, 2021, 08:59 AM #3170
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMD View Post
They ask the questions to confirm what you have submitted, its SOP. They would love to catch someone in a lie to deny them a permit.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues