• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Hello, will be up in the Allentown area Saturday (tomorrow). Anyone aware of a gun store or two worth visiting? Of course, hoping to pick up some ammo while there.

Thanks!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    How will you be going? We normally go up 15 to 81 then 78 when we go to the ABE area. There’s a large Cabela’s on 78 that has a pretty good gun selection. There’s also a Walmart superstore in the same area that may have some ammo.

Attachments

• 9DB52DA5-A704-4442-93B4-7DE6C568705A.jpg
      9DB52DA5-A704-4442-93B4-7DE6C568705A.jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 347

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Stop by Dixon's Kempton/New Tripoli, Schuylkill Gun Works-Schuylkill Haven, Ed's sport shop Tamaqua ,Shakey's in Frackville Dave Keefer's in Pine grove if you happen to travel through or near the Coal Region. Lehigh Valley is right in town and Eagle Arms are or were along 78.
    There were more until Cabela's put them out of business.

BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    AF Boyers in Slatington isn’t far from Allentown and usually worth a visit.

https://www.afboyer.com/

Edit add on; don’t forget to go in the back room where the good stuff is. Also, check out the mounts, including a full size giraffe. Plus every time I’ve been there recently they have had 9mm, but a 2 box limit.

^^^A bit late for feedback, but this place was worth the trip. Thanks for the suggestion! Short on ammo the day I was there, but nice selection of firearms on hand.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    ^^^A bit late for feedback, but this place was worth the trip. Thanks for the suggestion! Short on ammo the day I was there, but nice selection of firearms on hand.

Glad to help out! My last couple of purchases have come from there. Good prices usually, and no hassles, other than waiting your turn in line.

Ammo is so hit or miss (pardon the pun) with some days cases and cases sitting there, other days much leaner. Even with quantity restrictions. People are just always stopping in there to stock up. It’s nice to see that much good stuff in a hardware store.

Also, always ask if you are looking for something specific, ammo or firearms. They get so much in, it might just be sitting in that back room downstairs waiting to be unpacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom