Scranton Mayor cut everyone to minimum wage.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    If I were an employee there, I would give minimum wage effort for minimum wage pay.

As for the court order...PPFFFTTTT, we have learned that politicians need not follow laws they don't agree with.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Finally, a politician admits that he doesn't believe money grows on magic trees. When you ain't got the money, you ain't got it.

With that being said all this is all a ploy to get people to go along with tax increases.:sad20:

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Yea, at least he realizes that things have to get paid for and you can't just borrow money for everything.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Finally, a politician admits that he doesn't believe money grows on magic trees. When you ain't got the money, you ain't got it.

With that being said all this is all a ploy to get people to go along with tax increases.:sad20:

Exactly!

Time to start laying people off, if you can't afford them (Business 101). A Democrat won't do that in an election year..

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I dunno.

Stringing people along, is worse than letting them go, at least they could move on...

least they were getting paid minimum wage...better than "no wage" lol.. plus a lifetime ban:lol2: Although it would be cool to put you were "Fired" by President Reagan! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    least they were getting paid minimum wage...better than "no wage" lol.. plus a lifetime ban:lol2: Although it would be cool to put you were "Fired" by President Reagan! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

I can't see why they were surprised. He said they would be fired and he fired them.
    A politician keeping his word is indeed a novel concept.

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    I know. I remember when it happened. I also remember that they complained about being over worked, job stress and not being able to get time off when they needed it.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    I know. I remember when it happened. I also remember that they complained about being over worked, job stress and not being able to get time off when they needed it.

Well if that was the case I guess it was a win for them since they were no longer overworked, stressed, and had all the time off they wanted. If anyone was to blame it was the union leadership who told their employees to ignore the warning and the order. They overestimated their value and underestimated their ability to be replaced.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    It's their fault anyways. They voted to strike. They didn't come back to work. What do you expect? You don't go to work you get fired. -.- Duh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom