• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnnyeastside

Jun 8, 2009
    Abingdon
    We moved up here last winter. The place we live is surrounded by 100's of acres of corn fields, but we live on 2-3 acres on the top of a hill. I can here gun shots in all directions, but we can't shoot cause it just wouldn't be safe. I want to find a place really close to shoot.
    I belong to Delta but it's 45 min away, can't just go shooting real quick, it's almost a day long production. I'd like to join Hopewell F&G but that wont be until spring. Any ideas??
    We are about 5 miles N of Stewartstown.
    Thanks

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    Welcome.

I live just east of Red Lion and I am a member of Hopewell Fish & Game. Takes me about 30 minutes to get to the range (unless I am risking a traffic ticket by speeding through Stewartstown) :sad20:

Only idea I have is for you not to wait until spring to join at Hopewell.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    York IWLA, a little 10-15 min drive from where you are. We do all sorts of stuff there, action pistol and multigun, Trap, benchrest, archery and fishing support with a trout nursery. If I must say so myself, it is quite a nice range and very action friendly. We run 2 action matches a month, have a 25, 50 and 100/200 yd ranges. Check it out at www.yorkiwla.org, and look around the site.

I will be giving the next new member orientation on Dec.1 (check our calendar page), if you are interested in an in depth tour of the grounds. We can have you in and shooting by mid January if you like it.

g

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    I am also a member of Seitzland in New Freedom, they are primarily a rifle club, and do a lot of 3200 rimfire stuff, and DCM style highpower to 200 yards. They do have a hunter Silhouette program, but I haven't shot it in years. That is a 30 min ride for you.

Johnnyeastside

Jun 8, 2009
    Abingdon
    York IWLA, a little 10-15 min drive from where you are. We do all sorts of stuff there, action pistol and multigun, Trap, benchrest, archery and fishing support with a trout nursery. If I must say so myself, it is quite a nice range and very action friendly. We run 2 action matches a month, have a 25, 50 and 100/200 yd ranges. Check it out at www.yorkiwla.org, and look around the site.

I will be giving the next new member orientation on Dec.1 (check our calendar page), if you are interested in an in depth tour of the grounds. We can have you in and shooting by mid January if you like it.

g
    That sounds really cool. I encourage my wife and stepdaughter to go with me whenever I go shooting. They would love this. I would do it right now if I had the cash. Times are tight right now, esp w the holidays coming up. But I will keep it in mind after all the holiday bs.
    After dues, are there any other requirements?
    Thanks!!

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Re: York IWLA,

No requirements past the dues, however there are some optional perks, that are explained during the orientation. We are very family friendly, and our monthly funshoot is geared for the new and young shooters ( I love it when the ladies out shoot their men), with options to keep the experienced shooter challenged as well. All of our shoots are open to the public. Other use of the grounds requires a membership, or you can always be a guest of a member. We are basically shut down for the year, and start up again in January, watch our blog for current events www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com

g

GLKMBR

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm about 5 miles north of you, up rt24. I moved down to this area last year and I'm still looking to join somewhere. I'm used to sportsman's clubs in northern PA where you don't need a sponsor so I've pretty much given up hope to join anywhere as nobody seems to want to sponsor anyone in their late 20's.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    York Izaak Walton is not age discriminatory at all. I'll sign. We've had a refreshing group of twenty somethings get involved lately and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom