• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Hi. I am a Maryland resident who is buying space at a Pennsylvania gun club show. Can you point me in the right direction regarding gun sales at a gun club show? I want to bring several firearms (C&R stuff, flintlocks, a couple cap and ball revolvers, no Ar's or anything) and offer them for sale. Does PA allow me to do this? What are the regs for conducting such a sale - can they be cash and carry, etc.?

Any info, advice or admonishments are appreciated.

Thanks.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The flintlocks and cap & ball revolvers are o.k. per federal law to sell - they are not federally regulated. Check PA laws to be sure about the cap & ball revolvers, to be sure - but I believe they're o.k. per PA state law, too.

The C&R rifles, however, would have to be transferred through a FFL, OR, you could sell them to someone with a current C&R license.

Without involving a FFL of some form, interstate sales of (non-muzzleloading) firearms made after 1898 are a no-no.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Bumping this, hopefully someone who knows PA's laws can shed some light on whether cap and ball revolvers can be sold FTF there.

Last edited:

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    I will try and find out about the cap n ball revolvers. Thanks. You told me what I needed to know. I know I can sell the C&R stuff in Maryland but didn't know about PA. I'll only sell them to another C&R.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I've bought four cap and ball revolvers from The Regimental Quartermaster in Gettysburg. Walked in, fingered them, paid my money, and walked out with them. I can't imagine selling one face-to-face at a gun show would be any different.

Cordite: What cap and ball revolvers are you looking to sell? I might be interested.

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    I have three: a Uberti 1851 Navy (oval trigger guard) with a 7 1/2 inch bbl. in .36 cal. from Cimarron Firearms. I don't remember what they call the finish but it is NOT blued. I think they call it "original " finish. I am the original owner and it's never been fired and is in the box.

I have a Colt Model 1851 Navy (square trigger guard) in a presentation box with a powder flask, cap box, in-line capper, nipple wrench and bullet mold. It gbears "Saml Colt, New York City on top flat of the barrel. Has the etched cylinder and serial 11***. It's a C series. I got it from a widow woman who wanted it out of the house.

The third one is a Colt Dragoon (1848) in .44 cal., with Saml Colt, New York City on the top flat of the barrel. I believe it's the 3rd model, C series. Etched cylinder with scenes of soldiers and Indians in battle. Serial 23***. Git it from the same woman.

I don't know beans about these, as I am a flintlock man, born and bred. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Well, PA State Police tell me that I can sell BP revolvers FTF, cash and carry. No problem. But neither they nor anyone else I have spoken to can tell me if I, as an out-of-State resident can sell an unregulated rifle at a gun show to a resident of PA.

This boggles my mind. I want to sell a Ruger Mini-14 with a wood stock (therefore not regulated) but don't know if I'm legal.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Well, PA State Police tell me that I can sell BP revolvers FTF, cash and carry. No problem. But neither they nor anyone else I have spoken to can tell me if I, as an out-of-State resident can sell an unregulated rifle at a gun show to a resident of PA.

This boggles my mind. I want to sell a Ruger Mini-14 with a wood stock (therefore not regulated) but don't know if I'm legal.

PA does not consider rifles of any sort "regulated". That being said you will still need to use an FFL to sell a non antique rifle to anyone other than a MD resident. Since you will be in a show in PA, You may even need to use an FFL for a MD resident. Not sure if the location of sale comes into play or not in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom