• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Drove up to the Poconos yesterday to see my grandmother, cut down a Christmas tree, and check out some shops. I went to two shops while I was up there and would recommend them to anybody. If your going on a ski trip up there somewhere to Camelback or Blue Mountain or one of the many resorts in the area check these shops out. Weavers on 715 off 209 and Warners in Tannersville off 611.

Weavers was my first stop and they had a large selection of handguns, rifles, and assualt rifles, plus a wall of coold stuff like Bullpups and misc carbines. They had a huge selection of ammo, mags, and holsters. I bought 4 30 round AR mags there. $25 a piece for Colts. Didnt mind paying $2 more than Cabelas. The guy kinda gave me an attitude bc I told him where I was from and I seemed to know more about his merchandise than he did, but oh well. Im used to getting a hard time bc of my age. All things considered I will go back again for some more mags.

Warners had a lot of tatical clothing and lots of rifles. Not as many handguns, holsters, and mags as Weavers. They did have a pallet full of old Army ammo cans. I bought 4 and loaded them up when I got home. I couldnt pass up $4 a can. Nicers people than Weavers, I will go back.

Hit Cabelas on the way home and picked up 250 rounds of 40S&W for $60. They had a can and 300 rounds of bulk for $60, but it wasnt FMJ, lead tips and I thought theyd dirty up my guns real fast. No great deals there, but its a neat place to check out.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    $25 for a 30 round mag isn't a great price at all... At the Chantilly show I bought 6 for $10 each... Granted they weren't the almighty Colt...but they had green followers and compared to the 20rd Colt Mags I own....equal quality...

Either way, good to know about the shops. I'll have to stop by there sometime when I go up to go snowboarding.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    $25 for a 30 round mag isn't a great price at all... At the Chantilly show I bought 6 for $10 each... Granted they weren't the almighty Colt...but they had green followers and compared to the 20rd Colt Mags I own....equal quality...

Either way, good to know about the shops. I'll have to stop by there sometime when I go up to go snowboarding.

yea I know the price sucked, I pay that for 20 round Bushys here in MD, but thanks Grandma for the early Christmas present. I was gonna buy them and she said shed get them for me so I couldnt argue. Like I said Id rather give my money to a small shop and keep them alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom