• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Speculation:

Gang members in prison "turn" some of their guards, through extortion and/or bribery. "Say, my friend on the outside is looking for a silenced sniper rifle. Any idea where he could find one? I know he'll pay good money for one. Oh, he wanted me to tell you, that was a very pretty dress your daughter was wearing to her elementary school yesterday..."

Yep. My first thought.

It could also be that these guards had some sort of personal vendetta against the guy, but my speculation runs more toward the involvement of some other criminal element (bribe or threat).

In any event, that's some scary stuff. I've never been comfortable with the idea of shooting at an unsupervised public range for several reasons, now this one moves to the top of the list.

Splitter

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    local news up here reported that one of them was stealing the guns to build a collection for the overthrow of the government. they have video of him at a storage place carrying the guns in and aiming them down the hallway.then more video showing the police raid.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Not to Thread Jack....

+ 10. Would happily sign up for such courses if offered in Southern Maryland. Would like to train the entire family.

Im not sure what courses are run around here since I dont do IDPA or IPSC. My training is all from Carbine and Pistol Classes.

I know Minuteman and Scottysan here at MDS do either IDPA or IPSC, and can help you find courses. :)

The guys at Cresap (me being one of them) offer Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the home. Both classes have a live fire part to them. These are NRA approved classes. With NRA instructors.

We offer the classes for just above our cost. (Cresap is non profit)

We just finished this series of class in June. We may run Basic Pistol, PPITH, and PPOTH again this fall if demand is there. Pistol is a requirement for Protection in the Home and PPITH is a requirement for Protection Outside the home.

If intersted send an email to Training at CresapRifleClub dot com
    If someone were to organize a group that would make it easier.

The Training Schedule is getting full with Hunter's Education this fall so it may be later in the year...
    Also for those who don't know, Cresap is located in Frederick.

Chris

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Bastards. It will be interesting to see if this was a robbery or a hit made to look like a robbery. My immediate thought is it was simply a robbery by some semi-retarded inbreeds who thought they could get away with it. Either way I hope they fry.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Bastards. It will be interesting to see if this was a robbery or a hit made to look like a robbery. My immediate thought is it was simply a robbery by some semi-retarded inbreeds who thought they could get away with it. Either way I hope they fry.

While complicated, criminally masterminded plots do occasionally take place, most crimes like this are committed by some retard who wanted the gun. These guys seemed a little off kilter to begin with and likely had dreams of starting a revolution with a well placed shot from a suppressed AR. All in all this is just a sad story. :sad20:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Not to Thread Jack....

The guys at Cresap (me being one of them) offer Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the home. Both classes have a live fire part to them. These are NRA approved classes. With NRA instructors.

We offer the classes for just above our cost. (Cresap is non profit)

We just finished this series of class in June. We may run Basic Pistol, PPITH, and PPOTH again this fall if demand is there. Pistol is a requirement for Protection in the Home and PPITH is a requirement for Protection Outside the home.

If intersted send an email to Training at CresapRifleClub dot com
    If someone were to organize a group that would make it easier.

The Training Schedule is getting full with Hunter's Education this fall so it may be later in the year...
    Also for those who don't know, Cresap is located in Frederick.

Chris

I'll look this up. I know some of the ROs there (used to work with them) and shooting there has always been a pleasure. Thanks for the info!

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    They could beat the name of the organization out of him.

Just sayin'.

Of course, maybe he is just saying that to look like a bad-ass and like he might have some protection covering his back once he goes to jail.

Splitter

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater