• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I used to make the hour and a half drive to Harrisburg to attend the Outdoor Show. I never saw any firearms, ammunition or gun parts for sale. I'll admit I haven't attended in the last five years, but before that the show was going down hill like the Timonium Shows.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Here is how to make your displeasure known:

Customer Service
    800-467-5656
    203-840-5656

Reed Exhibitions
    383 Main Avenue
    Norwalk CT 06851

Also general customer service email:
    easternsportshow@reedexpo.com

Event director (Chris O’Hara)’s direct email: cohara@reedexpo.com

May also want to consider contacting some of the big sponsors: Cabelas and Outdoor Channel

Also they have a Facebook page

Have at it!!!

Here was my email to them:
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    I would like to convey my utter disgust at your decision not to allow certain rifles at your show “that in the current climate may attract negative attention.” Consequently I and my two sons will not be attending your event. In this current climate of anti-gun hysteria is disheartening to see an organization just caving in to political correctness. As Benjamin Franklin said “we must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.” I hope you rethink your hastily and ill-conceived decision immediately. In the meantime we will just have to make do with the Great American Hunting and Outdoor Show here in Frederick.
    Rest assured I am passing this information on to everyone I can. I also will be contacting Cabela’s and The Outdoor Channel as sponsors of this event. Lastly since I have been advised that you help with the SHOT show I am contacting the NSSF to make sure they are aware of this situation.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    It never was a gun show. It is a sportsman show hunting and fishing stuff. I been going for about 15 years and up till 2 years ago you never seen a gun for sale. But I won't be going again.

This, It's a gun show kinda like the Md shows are Nazi memorbilia shows.:innocent0

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    This is definitely NOT the regular Harrisburg gun show. It's a "outdoor" show.

Interestingly, in Europe, of all places, they have no problem with "assault weapons" and even automatic weapons at their shows. MKE has some really nice HK contract guns that I wish they could import here...

It never was a gun show. It is a sportsman show hunting and fishing stuff. I been going for about 15 years and up till 2 years ago you never seen a gun for sale. But I won't be going again.

It took 33 posts for someone to point out that this is NOT the Harrisburg (MAAC) gun show. It is The Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show, which is a HUGE hunting/fishing/camping/etc. expo- possibly the biggest in the country.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Brittish are running the gun show? No wonder.

It's not a gun show.

If I was pinned down to naming the show it would be an Outfitters/Guide "Show", the gun portion of it is smaller percentage wise than other areas.

hyghlndr

Jan 13, 2013
    I heard the event location was planning to cancel the show completely, I would guess they pressured the company to not allow assault weapons as a compromise.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I heard the event location was planning to cancel the show completely, I would guess they pressured the company to not allow assault weapons as a compromise.

Source? This seems very unlikely, it's not something they set up for in a few hours (or..days), its a massive event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom