• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Its been a long time comming. Finally making the move. I was wondering if i could get some help as needed. I have friends that live in greencastle and he was telling me about all the state land they have for hunters. Being that i have no idea of the laws and have been reading and reading and reading and trying to understand all the laws. I was wanting to have someone to ask questions id needed. Also to learn where i can and cant hunt. Also fishing and other outdoor things. I will be moving to the fairfield area.

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    Take the PA Hunter Safety course. Most gun clubs hold them and are free. Then you can ask the usual Maryland transplant questions like 'is it true I can't use a semi-auto to hunt deer, but it's OK with ducks and geese?' :cool:

Take the PA Hunter Safety course. Most gun clubs hold them and are free. Then you can ask the usual Maryland transplant questions like 'is it true I can't use a semi-auto to hunt deer, but it's OK with ducks and geese?' :cool:

I stay away from deer hunting with rifle. Id rather use bow. Never shot one with a gun before. It seems there are to many uneducated people with rifles. Thats in MD cant say for PA. i hear pa has a lot of hunters.

seabeeJordan

CAN DO!
    Dec 13, 2012
    I grew up in PA cant wait to move back. What area are you moving to I own land up by the NY line and spent all my younger years In Montgomery county. Mike Waldel just did a show in my home town so yes hunting is great there.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Good luck man, i miss PA so much when it comes to the outdoors and hunting. They have huge amounts of state game lands that are easily accessable and even more forest land thoughout the Commonwealth......

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    What is the political climate like in PA right now with regard to firearms? Has the liberal fervor spread there at all, or is it still pretty much "status quo"?

Been thinking about moving for some time. Recent events are pushing me that way.

afree1

Rimfire Fan
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Area
    The problem with PA (and I am a native) is that Philly and Pittsburg run the state politically. Those two areas are drastically different from the rest of the predominently more rural parts of the state in their outlook on guns.

Deerminator

Jul 5, 2010
    Hagerstown
    The problem with PA (and I am a native) is that Philly and Pittsburg run the state politically. Those two areas are drastically different from the rest of the predominently more rural parts of the state in their outlook on guns.

Very true. And I seem to remember some unfriendly words towards gun owners from the mayor of Harrisburg last week when the Sportsmans Show was cancelled.

I'm in the same boat in regards to moving. If the law passes it's to PA or WV. Wife wants PA, I want WV.

Fairfield...don't forget the delicious Hickory Bridge B&B and also the 2 golf courses nearby.

Very true. And I seem to remember some unfriendly words towards gun owners from the mayor of Harrisburg last week when the Sportsmans Show was cancelled.

I'm in the same boat in regards to moving. If the law passes it's to PA or WV. Wife wants PA, I want WV.

Fairfield...don't forget the delicious Hickory Bridge B&B and also the 2 golf courses nearby.

If anyone is considering a move to PA let me know, I told our realtor what we were looking for and price range, and within a 5 weeks we found a house. Also there are tons of houses that have been for sale for a long time. The house we purchased was listed for 229000 and we purchased it for 187000. Dont be scared to make the low offers.

afree1

Rimfire Fan
    Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Area
    Low offers are often considered and accepted in the area of PA that you are considering. If you get into the more northern areas of PA where gas drilling (fracking) is going on, rural acreage is going for premium prices, and home prices in general have been stimulated by the people supporting the drilling operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom