• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    NOTICE FROM ATTORNEY GENERAL KATHLEEN G. KANE

The Attorney General of Pennsylvania has entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida. This reciprocity agreement previously permitted citizens of Pennsylvania who were not also Florida residents to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit (hereinafter "CCP") from the state of Florida. The CCP would then be honored in Pennsylvania without the need for a CCP granted by a Pennsylvania issuing authority. This agreement has been modified as follows pursuant to the authority of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania as found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(k)(1):

1. If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013. In the proscribed time period you may apply for a CCP in the county of your residence. Please be aware that your local Sheriff or Police Department (in cities of the First Class) will have forty-five (45) days from the date of your application on which to grant or deny your application for a CCP.

2. If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida you need not apply for a CCP in Pennsylvania if you currently hold a CCP from Florida. You must, however, carry with you proof of your Florida citizenry/residence along with your CCP identification when you are carrying a concealed firearm either on your person or in a vehicle.

3. If you are a resident of Florida only and have a CCP from Florida it will continue to be honored in Pennsylvania with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

IMPORTANT
    This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP's issued to residents of Pennsylvania. All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP's remain in full force and effect. Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    You beat me to it Charles, I was just going to post this.

Folks up here are looking to see if this was even legal, and legal or not, how to fight it. Either way it's looking like her political career is over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Not sure why anyone is suprised, she ran on closing the "Florida loophole", at least that is what she ran in Philly, didn't say a word about it anywhere else. There wasn't much resistance to her, or support for her republican opponent last election.

This is bad for people from discriminatory issue states(NY, MD, NJ, DE) who carry in PA on FL permits, now they either open carry, or have to get another permit from UT, VA or someone else, and hope she doesn't go after them before we can vote her out. I know there is a decent argument for this not being legal, but the AG has always handled reciprocity agreements, so we probably won't win that one. I have sent my letters and made my calls to the AG's office, but also to my state reps and Corbett, it would be awesome if this turns into legislated universal reciprocity, and it backfires on her in a big way.

There are 2 threads about this, although they are in the wrong place the"MD 2A issues" section
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=105613
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=105625

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Better than legislated universal reciprocity would be legislated constitutional carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom