• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just an FYI. I don't go to Filthadelphia. Seems to violate PA preemption laws anyway. Could be doomed from the start.

LINK

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Typical Philly.

They do what they want, how they want and wait for the court decision.

This applies to CCing in the city with a permit from a state with PA reciprocity. There is the law and there is what Philly will do to you.

I am headed up there in a couple of weeks for the Dash for Donor Awareness. My plan is to stay sandwiched between my uncle and cousin all weekend, both are Philly cops. Hopefully their badges will save me if I am "caught" with my pistol(and VA permit). The City is in ruin, structurally, legally and morally. My uncle, cousin and their friends/cop brothers are all very PRO 2A. But about half of the Philly PD are severely ANTI 2A. They believe that they are the only ones who should have firearms.

It will get much worse very soon. A bunch or the 20-30 year vets are getting ready to retire. They will be taking their views, common sense and values with them. What comes in and replaces them will make Philly even worse.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Typical Philly.

They do what they want, how they want and wait for the court decision.

This applies to CCing in the city with a permit from a state with PA reciprocity. There is the law and there is what Philly will do to you.

I am headed up there in a couple of weeks for the Dash for Donor Awareness. My plan is to stay sandwiched between my uncle and cousin all weekend, both are Philly cops. Hopefully their badges will save me if I am "caught" with my pistol(and VA permit). The City is in ruin, structurally, legally and morally. My uncle, cousin and their friends/cop brothers are all very PRO 2A. But about half of the Philly PD are severely ANTI 2A. They believe that they are the only ones who should have firearms.

It will get much worse very soon. A bunch or the 20-30 year vets are getting ready to retire. They will be taking their views, common sense and values with them. What comes in and replaces them will make Philly even worse.

Just so we are all clear, the new prohibition that is the subject of this thread is not just CC or reciprocal permits, it is an outright prohibition on ALL "firearms and deadly weapons".

Also, folks are preparing an open-carry walk/picnic in protest of this new illegal ordinance...

http://forum.pafoa.org/philadelphia...un-rights-march-saturday-may-25th-2013-a.html

And yet, Philadelphia's Mayor Michael Nutter has signed into law an ordinance that SPECIFICALLY makes it a crime for people who are licensed by the State to carry firearms for self-defense to exercise their rights while in public parks.

This is unacceptable. And ILLEGAL.

We will not be made into criminals. We will not be punished for the bad acts of others who have no respect for their fellow man. And we will not tolerate being restricted from exercising our freedoms just because some Mayor thinks he is above the law!

Join me on May 25th in Philadelphia as we protest this outright violation of State law, and make ourselves heard. March with me through Philadelphia, from Love Park to the People's Plaza, and let us make sure the entire city knows that we are not going to allow our right to self-defense to be stripped away from us in a time when we need it the most!

I got in touch with my lawyer - he says that he, some other local lawyers, and the NRA are looking at this.

If you are able and planning to attend, make it known by RSVPing in this thread. That way we'll know how many strong we will be! I'll create a Facebook event as well, for those who are interested. Also, if you have any way to contribute - sign making, bringing along a bullhorn, can provide snacks and refreshments while we march - let us know!

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/445811052166607/
    :D

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Curmudgeon, are you and your wife coming down for this? Haven't see you for a while. I'll be OC'ing, which I never do, to the Love Park event then march to People's Park for the Gun Rights Across America event http://forum.pafoa.org/political-13...-america-save-second-rally-may-25-2013-a.html .

My wife and by 6-month-old will be there too. The simple fact that my wife cannot carry to protect her self and our little boy when she takes him to city parks and playgrounds makes me sick to my stomach.

There may be a lawsuit before May 25th though: http://pennrecord.com/news/9684-phi...-gun-ban-attorneys-may-seek-injunctive-relief , but the event will still take place.

Al

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Curmudgeon, are you and your wife coming down for this? Haven't see you for a while. I'll be OC'ing, which I never do, to the Love Park event then march to People's Park for the Gun Rights Across America event http://forum.pafoa.org/political-13...-america-save-second-rally-may-25-2013-a.html .

My wife and by 6-month-old will be there too. The simple fact that my wife cannot carry to protect her self and our little boy when she takes him to city parks and playgrounds makes me sick to my stomach.

There may be a lawsuit before May 25th though: http://pennrecord.com/news/9684-phi...-gun-ban-attorneys-may-seek-injunctive-relief , but the event will still take place.

Al

Ha! I read your post/question to her and before I got halfway through it she stopped me and said, "yeah, yeah, yeah... I just have one question. Do I get to hold the baby?"

So, if little dragon-lite (see what I did there?) will be there, and she can hold him, then she will be there! That is one seriously good looking boy! ;)

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Ha! I read your post/question to her and before I got halfway through it she stopped me and said, "yeah, yeah, yeah... I just have one question. Do I get to hold the baby?"

So, if little dragon-lite (see what I did there?) will be there, and she can hold him, then she will be there! That is one seriously good looking boy! ;)

Oh, absolutely!!! Dragon-lite will love it. And thank you!

Al

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Lived there for 15 years. I'd go to hell before I would go back....oh wait....same difference....

Philly has changed dramatically, especially in the past 10 years. I grew up in Frederick and came here for school then stayed. Been to 46 countries, 150+ cities and Philly is still one of my top 10 cities to be in. I love it here.

PA would be better off if they gave Philly to NJ.

Let me not remind you that you are in MD. Now with the new statewide gun law, maybe MD should be annexed by NJ too because that shit will inevitably seep across state line. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Despite these every-so-often absurdity, it's still one of the best big cities where you can exercise your 2A due to PA preemption. I can do pretty much everything I would be able to do outside of Philly. Don't get me wrong, shit like this makes me sick to my stomach, but we stay and fight here. People need to face the reality that fighting to safeguard gun rights in Philly is in fact the key to keeping gun rights in the rest of the state.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom