• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    PA is a more liberal state then MD. Just so happens MD has PG, Mont. Co., and Baltimore county that screw up the entire state. PA taxes suck, schools suck,economy suck and always have. The only thing PA has thats better is more space and a judicial system that actually punishes criminals. Its not much better up there, I know, I've spent most of my life there.

I beg to differ that Pa is more liberal than MD. There are roughly 12 million people in PA, 1.5 million in Philly, and about 335,000 in Pittsburgh. That being said that leaves about 10.2 million people in rural cities and towns. These folks are Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats, meaning they may be the hard working blue collars but they are praise the lord and pass the ammunition. A Blue Dog Democrat in PA is a Republican in Maryland. Just something to think about.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    How many millions in Pa have yet to see a bridge of consequence? They see gas is 15 to 20 cents CHEAPER in Maryland, that's all they need.[/QUOTE]

If you think the price of gasoline is enough to swing voters, you are sadly mistaken. I only see a .10 difference all the way to the other side of the Key bridge. I have a 30 gallon tank and that's a difference of $3 per tank. I use on average, two tanks a week so that's $312 per year I'm going to save and I'm going to vote based on that? That's ridiculous. Voting isn't a gas tax issue. I can pay the tax but I can't pay to have my guns back when they're gone. I can't pay to keep immigrants out of my neighborhood.
    The cheap gas mentality is what let Natural Gas fracking get a foot hold in northern Pa and now its too late to change.

You can obviously add..... most CANNOT as seen by Bobo's own guy admitting counting on the ignorance of voters. The price of gas IS a big deal to some......... some will drive 10 miles to save 3 cents a gallon, they don't realize they ate that savings up tenfold.

I see considerably more than a dime between here and Eastern Shore.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    They will try. They may not succeed. I need to talk to my contacts next york show..

I sure hope they fail.
    They might, but it would be a first. Don't know how many licensed CCW' exist in PA, then the non resident permit holders, then the non licensed open carriers in PA. Seems to me that would be a lot of folks to push back, and hard. This would be them taking something away,that one already has, with no justifiable reason to do so. Again, the stats are on the side of CCW creates safer environments. PHILI has a million more people than Baltimore, yet Baltimore has the same murder rate, but no CCW. Just as an example.

They might try it, and will then expose their hand. That would insure he doesn't see a second term I would think. The Shaneen Allen case should have made a lot of PA folks thankful they live in a free state. The 9th circuit decision will impact the rest of the nation at some point as hopefully it gets SCOTUS to rule on it once and for all so MD and NJ and NY can be free and we all get reciprocity with unicorns and free ammo.

Well see.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Where did you hear that? According to the tabloids in the grocery store, Jesus is alive and living in Brazil with Big Foot but that doesn't make it the truth. Tom Wolf wants to be re-elected in two years and with a GOP landslide victory, it's extremely doubtful that he even attempts to go near the CCW permit. He needs to make some eye opening improvements otherwise his $10,000,000 privately paid campaign fund will be spent in vein. I heard talk that he would like magazine restrictions and if he had his way, assault weapon confiscation but the key element of all this is, he doesn't make all the rules, just some of them.
    He finds too much value in state run liquor stores and money squandering within an entire commission dedicated to one damn road, the PA turnpike. I'm surprised that there isn't Fire Hydrant Commissions, Traffic Signal Commissions, Reflective Signage Commissions and Ridiculous Commission Commissions.

thank you for the challenge "flash". i have been looking to see where i got that "rumor" and am coming up with a blank, but maybe the attached article can shed some light on the direction PA is going. cheers! http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/pennsylvania-gun-laws/2014/11/17/id/607687/

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    thank you for the challenge "flash". i have been looking to see where i got that "rumor" and am coming up with a blank, but maybe the attached article can shed some light on the direction PA is going. cheers! http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/pennsylvania-gun-laws/2014/11/17/id/607687/

LOL Have you been living in a cave? Firearm restrictions in the eastern Pennsylvania townships have been in place for decades. This is nothing new and certainly not a barometer of the entire states direction. The annual hunting license revenue is close to $30,000,000, if not more. In 1995 it was $26,000,000 and the license fee has increased since then. Texas is the only state in the country that has more licensed hunters and only by a few hundred thousand. The newsmax site is nothing more than an online tabloid and if you find credence in that junk, you come up with a blank more often than you realize.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    damn dude, why the animosity? i don't live in a cave, i live in a state that is far worse. the restrictions "have been in place for decades", and you don't think the progressive push isn't to change that. as for the hunters generating so much money? martyland hunters contribute quite a bit too, but for the most part they didn't show up at the polls or in annapolis when sb281 was being proposed, if so, there would have been a lot more people showing up to oppose it. it still would have illegally made it but the voices would have been much louder.

your criticism is baffling me as well as the tone, so i bid you a Merry Christmas, and if down the road the progressives do implement something behind closed doors that affects your second amendment rights, well, just think that adams county isn't immune to the sickness of the likes of all the rich progressive liberals. Happy New Year as well.

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    damn dude, why the animosity? i don't live in a cave, i live in a state that is far worse. the restrictions "have been in place for decades", and you don't think the progressive push isn't to change that. as for the hunters generating so much money? martyland hunters contribute quite a bit too, but for the most part they didn't show up at the polls or in annapolis when sb281 was being proposed, if so, there would have been a lot more people showing up to oppose it. it still would have illegally made it but the voices would have been much louder.

your criticism is baffling me as well as the tone, so i bid you a Merry Christmas, and if down the road the progressives do implement something behind closed doors that affects your second amendment rights, well, just think that adams county isn't immune to the sickness of the likes of all the rich progressive liberals. Happy New Year as well.

I lived in Maryland for 30 years (exit 34 on the inner loop) and I never knew what it was like to own a handgun until I moved up here. CCW permits are handed out like baseball cards so please don't try to educate me on which direction my state is heading. Maryland licensed hunters total 150,000, as opposed to Pennsylvania's 1,150,000 http://www.amfire.com/statistic.asp?page=32 so the voice up here for second amendment rights is a little stronger. There has been a push for firearm regulations since the 1930's and you make it sound as though they just begun. You post a link to an on-line rag and in response to my post?
    I think you got what you asked for
    By the way son, I've now lived up here for longer

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I lived in Maryland for 30 years (exit 34 on the inner loop) and I never knew what it was like to own a handgun until I moved up here. CCW permits are handed out like baseball cards so please don't try to educate me on which direction my state is heading. Maryland licensed hunters total 150,000, as opposed to Pennsylvania's 1,150,000 http://www.amfire.com/statistic.asp?page=32 so the voice up here for second amendment rights is a little stronger. There has been a push for firearm regulations since the 1930's and you make it sound as though they just begun. You post a link to an on-line rag and in response to my post?
    I think you got what you asked for
    By the way son, I've now lived up here for longer

Your responses have been perfect examples of how an adult discussion, complete with disagreements, can't be accomplished by some people without getting nasty, personal and rude.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm jealous of PA only requiring one license plate at the rear.

Some cars have trimmed up front to make running a front plate look good, most just have two holes somewhere on the front bumper/fascia and threaded inserts, hokey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom