PA gun shops not selling mags to MD residents...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    yes, the farther from our border, the shops care less about our business.
    Find a Gander MT and not worrry.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    There's probably a thousand shops between there and Maryland. LOL that's for informing, just keep it moving to the next one 5 miles down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Got carded...he just wanted to compare it to my CC, but of course I went "oh crap, he wants to know if I am MD resident". No issues.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    This happened to me in 2012 at Grice's Gun shop in PA. I bought a 10/22, was trying to purchase a 25 rounder for it along with some 20 round mags for something else. They argued with me that I couldn't buy them because they were over 10 rounds. I replied " Actually, it is 20 rounds within the state of MD, however it is not illegal to purchase them in another state nor is it illegal to own them in MD." I politely asked them to show me in the law where it said I couldn't own/purchase them. They brought out a binder with MD's law that said about no purchase of magazines over 20 rounds IN the state of MD. I said "See, it says 20 rounds WITHIN the state. No where does it state that it is illegal to purchase them elsewhere or own them." They refused to sell me the 25 rounder.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Stay away from shops near NY and NJ... aggressive prosecutors have been leaning on them for years..

They don't want to be the target of a civil suit brought by a NY attorney general. Chances are they would win, but not until they have spent lots of money defending themselves in a NY court. The most tenuous connection to the state and the courts will claim jurisdiction.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This happened to me in 2012 at Grice's Gun shop in PA. I bought a 10/22, was trying to purchase a 25 rounder for it along with some 20 round mags for something else. They argued with me that I couldn't buy them because they were over 10 rounds. I replied " Actually, it is 20 rounds within the state of MD, however it is not illegal to purchase them in another state nor is it illegal to own them in MD." I politely asked them to show me in the law where it said I couldn't own/purchase them. They brought out a binder with MD's law that said about no purchase of magazines over 20 rounds IN the state of MD. I said "See, it says 20 rounds WITHIN the state. No where does it state that it is illegal to purchase them elsewhere or own them." They refused to sell me the 25 rounder.

Isn't there a copyl of this actual letter on the forums? Could put it in our phones

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=148387

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    When I was in the new Sarco store in Easton, PA last winter they were checking IDs before selling magazines. They wouldn't sell me any 20 round BAR mags with a Maryland driver's license. The cashier said it was their policy.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    When I was in the new Sarco store in Easton, PA last winter they were checking IDs before selling magazines. They wouldn't sell me any 20 round BAR mags with a Maryland driver's license. The cashier said it was their policy.

But as a Maryland resident you can go to buy fireworks after showing a Maryland ID in Pa. Tell me that isn't a catch 22

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I go to Cabela's in Christiana to buy powder so I don't have to sign that retarded power log. I get a couple mags every trip. Wish they carried HK mags...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Sarco is notorious for being a massive PITA for MD residents.

Won't ship C$R handguns here IIRC.

Just one more reason for us to patronize other places.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    At the convention she claimed to be from Scranton. I guess the truth changes depending on the audience.

Believe she said her grandparents and maybe mother were from Scranton. But that's all depends on the audience probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom