• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I am starting this thread to find out if anyone in Maryland who does not have a CCW permit in Maryland got a PA non-resident permit.

I know it is almost impossible being that PA requires you to have one from your home state, but maybe someone here has had luck and can give us information to go with to get a PA CCW permit.

ilikeglocks

Jul 25, 2007
    I know of at least three people who have been issued permits within the last two weeks that were MD residents without a MD permit.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I got my PA permit about 4 yrs. ago and didn't have any problem. I applied through the Centre county sheriff's office because they let you do it completely through the mail. Some of the PA sheriffs require you to either apply or pick it up in person. I already had a FL permit and sent a copy of that when I applied. $20 and a couple weeks later I had my PA permit.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    yea I will try to get one myself. I have a FL, VA, NH permit but the way PA State Police is I would rather have a permit from PA to play safe.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    The PA Attorney General's website says right on there that they accept FL non-resident permits. I plan on just printing it out and bringing it with me in case I encounter any problems.

Yea I did that too for right now, but I really don't feel like getting arrested by PSP just because the trooper does not know the the Attorney General's office says about the issue

UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    I was looking at the info for centre county pa ccw requirements it says just mail application w/sase, 26.00, copy of driver lic. and current ccw permits for your state and keep fingers crossed.

no notery sig. or fingerprint cards ????

uncle wawa

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Probably should check the current law, since so many smaller jurisdictions are revenue seekers these days. Would may be, might not be!! How about we bring up the idea that, since we are law abiding citizens that we help the law enforcement community in the CCW aspect????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom