• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Flag burning in the USA should be a felony, and when you're done serving time an automatic expulsion from the Country.

I understand the feeling but....1A allows it.

mkelley

Jul 1, 2009
    I have a hard time getting too upset about this. If the intent is to infuriate people, I'm not playing.
    How many of us are old enough to remember participating in anti-Vietnam war rallies (protests, demonstrations, whatever you want to call them). We were disrespectful then in the eyes of our parents.
    Burning the USA flag doesn't diminish the respect and honor the rest of us give it. We do have the 1A. Other countries would throw you in jail for disrespecting your national flag. We don't.

I think we're getting punked. Either that or a dozen sad protesters with their tactical clothing will have their demonstration.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    They can burn whatever the hell they wanna burn. The moment anyone blocks me from getting to point B from point A, that’s when they’re going to have a problem with me. The second amendment is a hell of a thing :-)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The flag burning and statue-demolishing reminds me that "Columbia" is the personification of the spirit of our country's liberty. She's usually portrayed as a tall white woman, in Greco-Roman garb. Someone did a nice GIF imagining her (who is really the country) under attack.
    tenor.gif

saskuach

Jul 16, 2014
    It's definitely bait. They're YEARNING for us to do something so the media can make it seem like we're the real threat. Don't do anything illegal.

IF you happen to be there already and are compelled to do anything at all just try to get some disadvantageous pictures of them. You know what I mean. Make sure you highlight how few people there really are participating. Try to find the most ridiculous looking punks and take pictures of them to make them look like the weirdos that they are. Ridicule and shame is the way to go.

If you happen to catch one of them later without their totally-not-a-terrorist ski mask or scarf, take a few pix. Maybe see which cars or buses they board and get some license plate pix.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Antifa is trying to cause trouble and disrupt the reenactment and 4th of July Holiday without actually doing anything. Some people will hear about this and change their plans. Not me. I am close enough and I plan on going up there at some point during that weekend to get a bite to eat and pick up a few things.

kilocycle

VietnamVet-DAV-HonorGuard
    Aug 27, 2016
    Gun Hating ST of MD
    SACRILEGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing "peaceful" about burning or defacing the U.S. of America Flag that I served to protect in Southeast Asia with my life during the Vietnam War!!!!!

Nuff-Said - Nick - Vietnam War Veteran and VVA HonorGuardsman !!!!!!!!!!!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Nothing "peaceful" about burning or defacing the U.S. of America Flag that I served to protect in Southeast Asia with my life during the Vietnam War!!!!!

Nuff-Said - Nick - Vietnam War Veteran and VVA HonorGuardsman !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Nick, that's not "nuff said". I spent 32 yrs in the military both with the Army and Air Force, did tours in Oman, Kuwait and twice to Baghdad. You and I both took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of The United States". Unfortunately, flag burning has been declared by the SCOTUS as a Constitutionally-protected First Amendment right so matter how much we both detest it's burning, or how it's done, we don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution we get to support and defend.

I love everything our flag represents and that includes those who sacrificed everything to maintain the freedoms defined by that document so it's unthinkable for me to see anyone burning or stomping on our flag, but it's their right. Times like this it becomes very difficult. Nobody said it would be easy to uphold my oath

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    well crap then

Sorry Nick, that's not "nuff said". I spent 32 yrs in the military both with the Army and Air Force, did tours in Oman, Kuwait and twice to Baghdad. You and I both took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of The United States". Unfortunately, flag burning has been declared by the SCOTUS as a Constitutionally-protected First Amendment right so matter how much we both detest it's burning, or how it's done, we don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution we get to support and defend.

I love everything our flag represents and that includes those who sacrificed everything to maintain the freedoms defined by that document so it's unthinkable for me to see anyone burning or stomping on our flag, but it's their right. Times like this it becomes very difficult. Nobody said it would be easy to uphold my oath

spray paint these little effers red white and blue and burn them. They looked like the flag to me....

ithacaartist

Jun 15, 2020
    Mecklenburg, NY
    It's a shame some people have so much trouble accepting Constitutionally imbued rights. Sure, yay Second Amendment...but don't forget about the First. The Constitution varies from the bah-bull in that is a coherent, internally consistent work. And also different, as Docster has already said, is that you don't get to pick which parts of the Constitution you adhere to.

SANFORD

Sep 29, 2019
    There is no peaceful burning of a US flag !!! Any & All Patriots there should do whatever it takes to stop any asswipe person from doing anything disrespectful to our Flag.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Online agitation is easy. Let people there deal with it.

Liberal means marxist these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom