• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I am looking to apply for the Utah non resident CCW. Just completed the class and have everything set to send. How strict are they? Any info would be helpful.

As long as you meet the requirements and fill everything out properly you have nothing to worry about, other than going nuts waiting for the mailman. Plan on it taking 3-4 months to get the permit. I'm waiting on mine now, it mailed out Feb 5th..

Welcome to the Forum BTW!!

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I'm sending mine out tomorrow (turn 21 tomorrow) for FL. Gotta go get fingerprinted at MSP though. Gotta call a couple and see who does it.

FlyinSi

May 13, 2009
    I was reading this and was kind of intrigued.I don't go out of state often at all and was wondering if most people do it to have their weapon on them legally when they travel across state lines,or is it more of a point to spite MD with the strict CCW laws here.Or is it a jumpstart for if MD ever loosens it's stance and the way it is handled,that the current MD resident's who have permits out of state may have a better case for when they apply for one in MD?

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I was reading this and was kind of intrigued.I don't go out of state often at all and was wondering if most people do it to have their weapon on them legally when they travel across state lines,or is it more of a point to spite MD with the strict CCW laws here.Or is it a jumpstart for if MD ever loosens it's stance and the way it is handled,that the current MD resident's who have permits out of state may have a better case for when they apply for one in MD?

All of the above. 95% of my personal out-of-state travel is overnighters to family in PA or VA.

And to clarify: until we cross the border OUT of MD, the handguns are unloaded and in a locked case per the federal interstate transport law that allows you to give the finger to states like MD and NJ/NY while you are passing through on the way to somewhere else where it is legal to have the handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom