• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    They had plenty of stuff in stock but make sure you take a pile of cash.

SCAR $2200

ACR $2100

Pmags $26

USGI mags $20

AR10 mags (20rds) $60

Rock River lower $195

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    This is why everyone waits for the York shows. Mags and accessories can be had for close to Internet pricing. Freedom Armory knows where they are in relation to MD and capitalizes on it.

Jonas

Jul 18, 2010
    There's a nice little shop a little closer to MD in Shrewsbury, called The Gun Bunker (used to be Precision Armory, but when I was there the other day, I noticed the name change). Good people, helpful, knowledgeable, and decent prices. A lot of mil-surp stuff, but has plenty of other stuff, too.

If you get off of 83 North at Exit 4, turn left at the traffic light. Go past the traffic light for Walmart, and it's a little ways up on the left.

Freedom Armory is just way too expensive for me....

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    There's a nice little shop a little closer to MD in Shrewsbury, called The Gun Bunker (used to be Precision Armory, but when I was there the other day, I noticed the name change). Good people, helpful, knowledgeable, and decent prices. A lot of mil-surp stuff, but has plenty of other stuff, too.

If you get off of 83 North at Exit 4, turn left at the traffic light. Go past the traffic light for Walmart, and it's a little ways up on the left.

Freedom Armory is just way too expensive for me....

Devin(sp?) is a decent guy and a member here. He was a little lacking on information regarding Md. regulated firearms when he first opened up so I took him in some copies of Md. law for him to clarify.

I haven't been there in a while, what new firearms does he have to fondle?

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I almost got a job in York, which would have been bad because I'd be driving by Freedom Armory twice a day. Great customer service there and their prices are a little high but worth it for great selection and service. I've always been treated respectfully there. I went to go buy my first AR mag and the first thing the guy said "you'r from Maryland aren't you?". He knew the drill and was a former Marylander himself.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    The owner of Freedom Armory doesn't like open carry, but Devin etc at Gun Bunker could care less if you walk in with AK's over each shoulder and 10 pistols strapped to yourself.

I was in Gun Bunker about a month ago and he said he is working on MD FFL approval to have an "office" in MD Line for transfers for MDers to be picked up at.

zcbailey

Mar 3, 2010
    Phoenix
    Went shooting there in their rifle range a while back. Nice facilities but thank God I wasn't the one paying... If I really want to go rifle shooting I just go to Hap Baker, still a nice place and a lot less expensive. Plus I can shoot out to 200 yards! The York gun show is also a lot cheaper than anything at Freedom Armory.

Lono

From My Cold Dead Hands
    Nov 23, 2011
    Central PA
    They had plenty of stuff in stock but make sure you take a pile of cash. . .

I don't buy there because of the high prices. Not a bad place to sell your gun though.

I sold my Walther PPK on consignment and got what I wanted for it.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    +1 for Gun Bunker. I stop by on my way home from work in PA anytime I can. They have a good selection of C&R stuff, handguns and rifles. He also has some full auto stuff for sale. Very friendly staff.

DeadIDik

Habitual Line Stepper!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Monkton - Kurt Wala 1952-2009
    Freedom armory has a ton of overhead and that is another reason for the high prices. Gunshops in mini malls or small store fronts pay less rent than Freedoms electric bill cost per month.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Bend overbif you want to shoot there... Paige and i went up there to rent a 686 and a GP100 to see which she preferred.... IIRC it was almost $150 for the rental, range time and 2 boxes of ammo. I have not returned since.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Freedom armory has a ton of overhead and that is another reason for the high prices. Gunshops in mini malls or small store fronts pay less rent than Freedoms electric bill cost per month.

FYI - FA's prices were higher than most everybody elses even when they were in the smaller places.

Freedom

Aug 15, 2011
    We shot at Freedom Armory over the weekend. They've done a nice job renovating. The ventilation is about as good as I've seen at an indoor range.

Range time is a bit on the high side and, if you factor in the annual membership they make you buy ($25), it becomes an expensive few hours. Plus you have to sit for a photo ID.

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    We shot at Freedom Armory over the weekend. They've done a nice job renovating. The ventilation is about as good as I've seen at an indoor range.

Range time is a bit on the high side and, if you factor in the annual membership they make you buy ($25), it becomes an expensive few hours. Plus you have to sit for a photo ID.
    I am a member there, and it's only because I didn't realize how expensive they were when i first joined and I didn't look around enough. It's nice for the winter, but for me it's too expensive to go back and shoot.

Their prices on everything was high, based on what I have seen looking around. I see people in there buying stuff all the time, so they have to be doing something right. I haven't purchased anything from there, I just can't bring myself to do it, know I can probably find it somewhere cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom