• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    From the NRA-ILA:

Pennsylvania Attorney General Announces Concealed Carry Reciprocity Agreement with Virginia!

Friday, January 05, 2007

Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett (R) has announced that a reciprocal agreement was reached allowing valid Pennsylvania Right-to-Carry licensees to carry within Virginia and Pennsylvania.

All license holders will be required to follow state laws, including age restrictions and type of handguns permitted. For a complete list of reciprocal states and state licenses that are honored by Pennsylvania, please visit: www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184.

I guess that takes care of this, as I hold a VA permit -> http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=358 :party29: :rockon:

Now all we need is for O'Malley to sign a reciprocity agreement with VA... :lol2: :sad20:

[EDIT]
    I should note that although this press release states that PA can now carry in VA, but not the other way around, it is in fact the case that VA permit holders can carry in PA. The money statement from the official PDF of the agreement is under the THEREFORE section. It states that:

"1. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia;"

Here is a link to the PDF -> http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/Virginia-Firearm-Reciprocity.pdf
    [/EDIT]

Last edited:

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    :thumbsup:
    How ironic. You can carry in states around your state, but not actually in your own state. Scratch out ironic. Insert :sad20:

Does your FL CCW have reciprocity in WV and or DE?

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Does your FL CCW have reciprocity in WV and or DE?
    As Jim Sr.'s post shows, FL would allow for DE but not WV. A FL license would have fixed my PA problem earlier, but I hadn't gotten around to getting it yet. As 95% of my road travel is in VA and PA, I am now covered as much as I want to be (other than my own damn state). Everywhere else I go I fly, and I don't like the hassle of dealing with guns + airlines. I've never felt comfortable walking up to an airline counter and saying "I have a gun". :D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Right now WV only recognizes resident permits from VA and KY. That screws me for my mountain land. I keep hoping that WV will recognize the VA non-resident.

The other possibility is that once I get my new cabin built that I might be able to qualify as a part time resident of WV.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Everywhere else I go I fly, and I don't like the hassle of dealing with guns + airlines. I've never felt comfortable walking up to an airline counter and saying "I have a gun". :D

I don't blame you, I ran across a link from a guy who was obviously a competition shooter who cataloged his experiences with various airlines. He got a different interpretation of the rules even on the same airline returning, than he did going to a location. And then I realized that all his posts were pre-9/11! Probably worse today.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I do believe you are allowed to ship your own guns accross state lines addressed to yourself as long as you are the only one who opens the package. So, as I understand it, you can fly to a state that you have a permit in, then you send it to yourself via UPS overnight addressed to you and you pick it up when you arrive.
    I have only read this detail in passing and I may have misread the regulation on this. I cannpt even remember if where I read it was in the ATF FAQs so you may want to check on this yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom