Can a maryland resident get a ccp in pa?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    IMO, why not get FL, and AZ? You're set (for now) at that point.

Unless you want to carry in a school zone in VA, and it is that important to you, get a VA NR so when in VA you can do just that.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Pa already HAS state premption. It's just that Phila and a few other jurisdictions think they can ignore state law.

Check w/ Pa based groups about how with even with state required Shall Issue , Phila will make up their own requirements , and turn down as "not of character or reputation suitable for ...." On the basis of dress , hair style , tattoo, political views , etc .

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    A VA non resident ccw will allow you to carry in PA.
    The same qualifications that allow you to buy a regulated firearm in MD will pass for training to get a non resident VA ccw permit.
    Once done PA will regonize it:)

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    I have been using my Utah CCW on near-monthly trips to PA for the past year. Travelling to Erie quite frequently for family issues, no problems. Still need to find a better holster that works better while driving alot. Looking at a Kangaroo Carry right now....maybe a good crossdraw.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    I'm looking at the Kangaroo Carry holster....could fit nice over a tee-under a denim or other button down....

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Correct me if I am wrong but being a MD resident with a Utah CCW, you wouldnt need to file with PA just use your Utah permit while you are there. The "Home State" is if you already have a CCW from the state you reside in and want to file for the out of state CCW permit in PA.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I understood his question. I was referring to the Utah CCW as an option that is more likely than him trying to get his MD CCW in order to complete the PA out of state permit application...

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Just found a Galco Miami Classic on ebay for 50 bucks....that should do the trick....

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    If you read carefully it states the permit must be from your HOME state! So unless you live in Utah.... (to get a PA non-res.)

That is not the case. A non-resident permit (FL, VA, AZ, UT, etc) is fine in PA.

To clarify - get a non-resident UT, FL, AZ, VA, etc - then you can carry in PA - no need for a PA non-resident permit.

Last edited:

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    You three might want to read the post you're quoting. The poster is right, TO GET A PA NON-RES permit, you need a permit from your HOME STATE.

Yes, you can carry in PA on a Utah permit, but unless you're a Utah resident, it won't help you get a PA permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom