• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Gonna be up in Carlisle in a few weeks and was wondering if there are any good shops in the area? Also does anyone know if they will let you CCW on the Carlisle fairgrounds? Thanks in advance.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I can only say I open-carried there a couple years ago without incident. As most folks should realize, that alone proves nothing.

The Fairgrounds are privately owned and therefore are not covered or restricted by Pennsylvania's statute on preemption. As private property owners they are free to either allow or prohibit.

Here is the FAQ page listing various prohibitions, firearms not among them...

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/visitors/faqs.asp

I'm thinking your best bet, should you decide to CC, would be to prepare alternate arrangements should there be an issue.

I don't get over that way very often, hopefully someone else can answer your question about shops. I hope your visit is a pleasant one. ;)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I go there several times a year. I've never actually seen anyone there carrying, but I've never seen it written anywhere that it wasn't allowed. I'd suggest you call and ask. I know at the Spring and Fall shows, I've seen people with guns for sale among their stuff.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    If you like beer, bar food and good Irish food, ( if ther is such a thing ) the you must stop by Market Cross Pub. It's on the main drag down town not far from the war collage. I always hit the place up for good brew, wings or fish n chips. It's a must if you have the time.

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    The Fairgrounds are privately owned and therefore are not covered or restricted by Pennsylvania's statute on preemption. As private property owners they are free to either allow or prohibit.

And, in PA, you are free to read the sign and follow it or not read the sign and carry.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    If you like beer, bar food and good Irish food, ( if ther is such a thing ) the you must stop by Market Cross Pub. It's on the main drag down town not far from the war collage. I always hit the place up for good brew, wings or fish n chips. It's a must if you have the time.

Been there, excellent food and spirits:D Thanks for looking out for me.:party29:

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    I go there several times a year. I've never actually seen anyone there carrying, but I've never seen it written anywhere that it wasn't allowed. I'd suggest you call and ask. I know at the Spring and Fall shows, I've seen people with guns for sale among their stuff.

Don't do that...then you're bringing it to there attention...and they may then post a sign....or specifically prohibit.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    There is a no weapons allowed sign on the registration booth. After the individual that was shot by PA state troopers some year back at the fairgrounds, Mr. Miller posted that sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom