• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Wife is running the 10 mile race on the rail trail today to benefit The Arc of York. They are an organization to help children. Naturally, since this is for the kids anyway I will be exercising my 2nd amendment rights via my UT permit.

What's funny is that we run the rail trail about once a month and the signs on the trail used to say "no firearms permitted" but have since been covered over. There is one sign left right before you get into Glen Rock, on the trail, that hasn't been updated yet. I was thinking about notifying whomever takes care of that stuff.

It's a nice trail to run, crushed gravel, relatively flat and best of all there is an Italian Ice place in Glen Rock :)

If anyone else will be there, not running, PM me and we can hang out waiting on the runners.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Dropped the wife off at Seven Valleys for her 10 mile race. Ended in York just south of Market st. I drove there and parked in a very urban area. Armed myself after looking around making sure no one was around. Still suffering from BGOS.

Walked 3 blocks north to market street before headed west. As I was trying to find some place for breakfast a car pulled up next to me and a male got out of the car and walked across the street. From there he was looking at me every time I looked up at him.

I got breakfast at a nice coffee place, dimly lit, no weird looks. After walked to the finish line of the race. My whole time there, no weird looks, no cops called that I'm aware of, no babies died.

After my wife and her friends decided to go to Denny's in York for lunch, I was carrying the whole time. No one seemed to notice, no weird looks, it was awesome.

I'm pretty sure where we parked initially for the race was on the edge of the bad section of town. I had to keep repeating to myself that a gun doesn't make me safe, and to continue to look around and be aware of my surroundings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom