• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    hey guys, I was looking to pick up a Benchmade Infidel, i honestly love the blade, but upon feeling the finish (it's the black on black model) i absolutely HATE the finish. it feels very dry/chalky and i literally dont even want to pick it up....which is a VERY different feeling than my smooth ZT 0450CF.

my question is, does anyone know what i'm talking about? can this kind of finish be polished off to make it smooth (i think it's anodized) or can i get it refinished (cerokoted?) and still keep the warranty?

thanks in advance

also would be open to other OTFs, i am also looking at the microtech OTFs

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The Infidel is Iconic, and a cool blade, it's a weapon first and foremost, hence the grippy anodized finish and rough texture on the scale flats. You could do any number of coatings to it, more than likely all could affect the warranty. What you want the blade to do will matter, the Infidel trades a lot of versatility for that sleek dagger blade, ideal for thrusting/defense, but that is about it. Most of the single edge Microtechs have a far more versatile blade, and more versatile steel. The scarab has a lot of blade for an OTF in it's size, the Troodon is similarly cool and useful. The Ultratechs are iconic, but IMO it's a little slippery.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I would go with a Microtech Combat Troodon, Guardian Tactical 035 or 040, or a Heretic Manticore X or E, before I spent $400 on an infidel. Much better knives out there than anti-gun Benchmade.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    hey guys, I was looking to pick up a Benchmade Infidel, i honestly love the blade, but upon feeling the finish (it's the black on black model) i absolutely HATE the finish. it feels very dry/chalky and i literally dont even want to pick it up....which is a VERY different feeling than my smooth ZT 0450CF.

my question is, does anyone know what i'm talking about? can this kind of finish be polished off to make it smooth (i think it's anodized) or can i get it refinished (cerokoted?) and still keep the warranty?

thanks in advance

also would be open to other OTFs, i am also looking at the microtech OTFs

Get a Microtech. I thought I wanted an infidel until I held them both. No comparison.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The Infidel is really cool but very exspensive. I got a Guardian Tactical Recon and very happy with it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Get a Microtech. I thought I wanted an infidel until I held them both. No comparison.

Yeah, this.

I love the Benchmade Axis Locks, but for autos Microtech is the way to go.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    4135b29f91bd35822ef3458ca018f3b3.jpg

While the infidel has a cool look and a catchy name, it is like a Ford among Range Rovers. The Microtechs are better designed with first rate materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therrdk

Jan 27, 2018
    I loved my Infadel and still feel a sickness in the pit of my stomach everytime I think about losing it. I also own a few Microtech OTF, but I recently picked up an Autocrat and really like the lightness and smooth action. I put my Microtech back in the safe for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom