• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Guys,

My Uncle passed away suddenly on Jan 11th. My mother is the Executor of his estate. Long story short is his business partner is telling us (my mother the estate attorney and my cousin, uncles son). That the guns were placed on consignment. He is refusing to tell us where or provide paperwork for them.

My uncle would never sell his guns. He has a large amount of money in the back so money is not an issue. We are looking for approximately 32 long guns. All used for hunting by him. We are also looking for 5 or 6 handguns. I have serial numbers for some of the guns but not all. If any of you have seen or heard of a gun collection going on Consignment anywhere that matches this very limited description can you please let us know so we can contact the authorities so the family can try to recover them.

Before you guys ask I have called around to the local shops and everyone was very open and willing to help except MD Small arms who gave me the run around before saying 2 days later they don't have them. The family appreciates any help you guys could give us.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Your uncle's business partner sounds like a real piece of work

He does realize that any money from sales would need to go to your uncle's estate, right?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Sounds like a call to the local sheriff reporting stolen firearms would be the next step
    Edit.
    Is your Uncle partners with this guy in a gun store or is this your uncle's private collection?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Your uncle's business partner sounds like a real piece of work

He does realize that any money from sales would need to go to your uncle's estate, right?

The guys a straight A-hole. The problem is we believe some have already sold because he brought my uncle 200 dollars a couple of days before he passed. Some of the Guns we are looking for are extremely expensive. One is 1 of 5 in the country.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Sounds like a call to the local sheriff reporting stolen firearms would be the next step
    Edit.
    Is your Uncle partners with this guy in a gun store or is this your uncle's private collection?

We've talked to the Local PD and we can only report the ones we have serial numbers for. We would like to recover all of them. We also don't want the FFL to get in trouble as we believe they were consigned under false information.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I would imagine the attorney handling the estate could possibly get a court order compelling him to return them.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    The guys a straight A-hole. The problem is we believe some have already sold because he brought my uncle 200 dollars a couple of days before he passed. Some of the Guns we are looking for are extremely expensive. One is 1 of 5 in the country.

Ok, don't leave us hanging - what is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom