• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    After waiting nearly five months for my NFA stamp, it finally arrived and I was able to pick up my Gemtech Multimount suppressor for my full-sized M&P 9mm pistol. At the time that I filled out the NFA paperwork, I also purchased an Advanced Armament (AAC) threaded barrel to host the suppressor once it was released from ATF captivity.

I had shot the M&P with the AAC barrel a couple of times before the suppressor arrived and noticed that the tab in the photo (sorry, I don't know what the technical name is) was not squared like it is on the stock M&P barrel. It cycled ok but with the occasional hiccup of FTE/FTF. When I took the gun and suppressor to the range the gun would not cycle at all. It would not eject the shells (sometimes stovepipe, sometimes not even that). I could manually rack the slide and fire the gun but it is effectively a single shot pistol when the suppressor is on it.

I have written to AAC to see what their take on it is but was wondering if any gunsmiths on here could venture a guess as to whether the tab issue could be causing my problems.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
      IMG_0296.jpg
      27.5 KB · Views: 200

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Storm Lake makes the AAC barrels. I ordered one from Midway when they first came out that was out of specification so that no simple smithing would fix it.

AAC swapped it out. The second barrel runs 100% all ammo, suppressed or not.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Storm Lake makes the AAC barrels. I ordered one from Midway when they first came out that was out of specification so that no simple smithing would fix it.

AAC swapped it out. The second barrel runs 100% all ammo, suppressed or not.

So you're saying that you swapped it out for one just like the first AAC, but the 2nd one worked?
    Or are you trying to say it was from a different manufacturer for AAC?

Still working good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom