• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've got a Ruger 22/45 Lite that is an absolute hoot to shoot until you thread on the can and then ~50 rds later it turns into a jamomatic. Clean and wash, rinse, repeat.

The Sig P229 in .22 runs flawlessly with or without the can with whatever ammunition I brought with me to the range.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've got a Ruger 22/45 Lite that is an absolute hoot to shoot until you thread on the can and then ~50 rds later it turns into a jamomatic. Clean and wash, rinse, repeat.

The Sig P229 in .22 runs flawlessly with or without the can with whatever ammunition I brought with me to the range.

Which can/ammo is giving you that troube with the 22/45 Lite? I'm shooting the MKIV Lite, and with a Rugged Oculus, I'm merrily (and quietly!) plinking away a couple hundred rounds later without any hangups. Doesn't really seem to matter (except for sound level) if it's standard velocity or one of the many sub-sonics available. The can and the pistol do indeed get pretty dirty, but I haven't had any actual failures. Curious about which can might be doing that to you.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I really enjoy my M&P compact 22. I could do without the stupid little barrel adapter that requires a tool to get the slide off but other than that I am an very happy with it. It runs great with a suppressor for about 500 rounds before it gets completely gummed up.

+1 and you can get a replacement for the barrel adapter that works with a common hex wrench.

Oh - and it shoots well with a can

Attachments

• 20170714_141732(1).jpg
      20170714_141732(1).jpg
      112.5 KB · Views: 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads