• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I've been holding off on my 5000th post till I could write something worthwhile. Well, here goes. I propose a contingent of NRA Life Members & above in the Picket hold a meeting with some influential types that Rack & Stoveman have contact with & let them know what us common folk think about this situation. Seems to me they've gotten above their raising, so a major reorganization is, in my opinion, what's needed. Whatcha think?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Good idea, but contrary to the beliefs of the antis our ins at the NRA don't go that high and even if they did I'm not sure that anyone in charge would listen right now. The whole thing is one of the most bizarre incidents of corporate infighting I think I have ever seen.

Maybe MSRPA could get an audience. Maybe.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think appealing to the NRA Management (i.e., executives) will be much less than successful, unless we can rally several hundred thousand VERY vocal members to our cause. I predict this will happen as an indicator of the imminent coming of The Rapture, because we have no access to mass communications at the national level. We'll have more success if we can get something going for/at the national convention.

BUT I think we'll have a better chance of success with unseating incumbents in the state and 'blue" county legislatures. How many of these legiscreatures run session after session unopposed? This is a good point to identify and groom candidates, IMO.

Final thought - here's what's coming in the next MGA session. Pay close attention starting around 3:00.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I think appealing to the NRA Management (i.e., executives) will be much less than successful, unless we can rally several hundred thousand VERY vocal members to our cause. I predict this will happen as an indicator of the imminent coming of The Rapture, because we have no access to mass communications at the national level. We'll have more success if we can get something going for/at the national convention.

BUT I think we'll have a better chance of success with unseating incumbents in the state and 'blue" county legislatures. How many of these legiscreatures run session after session unopposed? This is a good point to identify and groom candidates, IMO.

Final thought - here's what's coming in the next MGA session. Pay close attention starting around 3:00.

Maybe it’s time for PP to visit NRAHQ again :D

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This just in. WTH is going on?

I watched that video and 10 minutes later I still don't know. They are distancing themselves from the NRA but wish them well. And took 10 minutes to say just that and Oh, we don't know anything but we are still distancing ourselves.

Should have been about 90 seconds but that doesn't drive comments and clicks.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I watched that video and 10 minutes later I still don't know. They are distancing themselves from the NRA but wish them well. And took 10 minutes to say just that and Oh, we don't know anything but we are still distancing ourselves.

Should have been about 90 seconds but that doesn't drive comments and clicks.

I can't watch the video right now...but that is Hickok45, right? I love the guy, but, with all due respect, it would take him about 10 min to make a 90 second statement :innocent0

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I don’t think he meant it. He didn’t stop to shoot any fruit juice jugs along the way.

I got the impression he’s trying VERY hard not to burn bridges with any of his audience, his sponsors, or even the NRA itself. That was a lot of tip-toeing around the substance of the matter.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don’t think he meant it. He didn’t stop to shoot any fruit juice jugs along the way.

I got the impression he’s trying VERY hard not to burn bridges with any of his audience, his sponsors, or even the NRA itself. That was a lot of tip-toeing around the substance of the matter.

I've watched plenty of his videos and I can't recall any hardcore schilling for the NRA so I was a little confused by his "big announcement".

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've watched plenty of his videos and I can't recall any hardcore schilling for the NRA so I was a little confused by his "big announcement".

He was always a supporter, but in the last year or three, he was a bit more forward about it, to the point of mentioning it in nearly every video, if not all of them.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    He was always a supporter, but in the last year or three, he was a bit more forward about it, to the point of mentioning it in nearly every video, if not all of them.

Fair enough, obviously I have not watched enough of his videos lately. His "announcement" made it sound like he had some kind of marketing deal with the NRA.

And if he didn't why the big announcement? Just go quietly into the night and probably most viewers wouldn't notice anyway. Making a video saying that you aren't gong to associate with the NRA because "I don't know" seems like a p&$$y move to me but what do I know? :shrug:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Fair enough, obviously I have not watched enough of his videos lately. His "announcement" made it sound like he had some kind of marketing deal with the NRA.

And if he didn't why the big announcement? Just go quietly into the night and probably most viewers wouldn't notice anyway.

I'm not sure what, if any, arrangement he had with them, but he was given a referral link for discounted membership. If you used his link or code or whatever, you could get a small discount.

I think it's important that very visible people in the 2A community are being critical of the NRA. It's clear that they are not holding themselves accountable, so it's up to membership to express their displeasure and return the organization to its former glory.

A strong, effective NRA benefits us all.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    I'm not sure what, if any, arrangement he had with them, but he was given a referral link for discounted membership. If you used his link or code or whatever, you could get a small discount.

I think it's important that very visible people in the 2A community are being critical of the NRA. It's clear that they are not holding themselves accountable, so it's up to membership to express their displeasure and return the organization to its former glory.

A strong, effective NRA benefits us all.

He got a cut of those NRA membership dues, which he may have even donated to charity. He was quite open about the arrangement.

Seemed to me to be plainly linked to Chris Cox’s suspension. I interpreted it as their way of saying to the NRA that it has some serious issues. I doubt they had any LaPierre level contacts at the NRA, so they used their platform to make a statement in their typical understated fashion. Made sense to me.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Well that is because...

I can't watch the video right now...but that is Hickok45, right? I love the guy, but, with all due respect, it would take him about 10 min to make a 90 second statement :innocent0

He is a human billboard and needs to rack his slide a million times while talking. Actually he stops talking while racking the slide. Lol

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Seems that with the news of late regarding the NRA, I think the Patriot Picket should all run for the BOD there. Real grass roots is what's needed there now.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Seems that with the news of late regarding the NRA, I think the Patriot Picket should all run for the BOD there. Real grass roots is what's needed there now.

You know, that's not a bad idea. We have how many members here? Enough to make NRA take notice? How many write ins would it take to get someone elected?

It's high time someone organized the BOD to lift the NRA Executive Suite's skirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom