• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    One of the articles I read suggested that FN had an additional motive, beyond straight consumer demand on this.

Canada, and maybe Australia if the suggestion was correct, has the old HP as it’s primary service sidearm. Some pushing 70 years. The speculation is that some of the production is to replace those with new HP’s. Selling more to the private sector would be bonus income beyond military contract prices.

If true, I wonder that the bulk rate price will be vs those available to consumers.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have a Belgium made, assembled in Portugal HP that I purchased in the late 1980's. What is the issue with the "magazine disconnect"?

The magazine disconnect is part of the trigger and rubs against the magazine to confirm a magazine is present. It adds to trigger drag and if the shoe and magazine are rough, it adds roughness to the pull.

It also prevents an empty magazine from dropping freely during a mag change. You push the mag release and must remove an empty mag with your other hand.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's not even a good clone of the FN Hi-power Mark III. It has no parts compatibility, not even magazine compatibility. This is a modernized FN BDA compact that should never have been made.

Boo. Was hoping for mag compatibility. I like my Browning High Power.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    One of the articles I read suggested that FN had an additional motive, beyond straight consumer demand on this.

Canada, and maybe Australia if the suggestion was correct, has the old HP as it’s primary service sidearm. Some pushing 70 years. The speculation is that some of the production is to replace those with new HP’s. Selling more to the private sector would be bonus income beyond military contract prices.

If true, I wonder that the bulk rate price will be vs those available to consumers.

A bit like Beretta re-entering a gussied up version of their 1970s pistol in the latest DoD competition.

The wealthy countries that still use the BHP here and there will buy something injection molded from G-lock or FN and the poor countries will take whatever hand-me-downs they can get.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've only read the magazines were redesigned to hold more rounds but nothing about them not being compatible with older Hi Powers. If the changes are in the spring/follower area the magazine body should be the same. Browning would be remiss not to make the new mags backwards compatible or they would lose potential sales to existing owners.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It's not even a good clone of the FN Hi-power Mark III. It has no parts compatibility, not even magazine compatibility. This is a modernized FN BDA compact that should never have been made.

Saw one of the Shot Show vids, you are correct, this is NOT a reincarnation of the FN HP, its just a new gun with some visual similarities to the original, sort of like FEG's HP/S&W hybrid. Like a Toyota Camry, Toyota has changed the car a dozen times, but keeps the name on the new but different car over and over.

The Girsan, Tisas and SA-35 are real HP's.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Like a Toyota Camry, Toyota has changed the car a dozen times, but keeps the name on the new but different car over and over.

Perfect analogy. New FN High Power be like...

1976_00027_01.jpg

or

414821.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom