• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Time it right and he could be in the process just when the decision comes down and with luck be the first to be issued a "Shall Issue Permit".

9mmkungfu

Dec 26, 2021
    My business is 99% electronic transfers from my PayPal account (they process all the online payments from the website) to my business checking account. No issues getting my unrestricted permit.

Thanks for the reply.

Follow-up to this:

For anyone that has been granted a permit under the business owner category, have you done it using an all-digital or non Maryland-based bank/credit union?

I have both, and am wondering if that would be an issue.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for the reply.

Follow-up to this:

For anyone that has been granted a permit under the business owner category, have you done it using an all-digital or non Maryland-based bank/credit union?

I have both, and am wondering if that would be an issue.

They won't care if the bank (or other financial institution that handles your business banking) is in or out of the state. But be prepared to share a few months worth of statements from wherever it is, to show the business activity (along with how it lands on your tax returns).

9mmkungfu

Dec 26, 2021
    They won't care if the bank (or other financial institution that handles your business banking) is in or out of the state. But be prepared to share a few months worth of statements from wherever it is, to show the business activity (along with how it lands on your tax returns).

Thanks for the confirmation

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    For those that have received permits as business owners, did any of you have direct deposit only transactions for your deposit documentation? I saw plenty of mention about ATM cash/check deposit but admit I did not read all 300+ pages.

Only? No. Some, yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Anyone else experience problem when trying to set up an account on the MSP portal for permit? I've gone over my info several times and it looks complete. Link to register no worky.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    Anyone else experience problem when trying to set up an account on the MSP portal for permit? I've gone over my info several times and it looks complete. Link to register no worky.

Try a different browser. I use Google Chrome when I have a problem with a web site and it seems to solve most compatibility issues.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Trying to help a friend. Given things today, how far in advance of her CCW expiration date should she submit her renewal? And how far in advance of her current expiration can her new training be? Thanks...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Trying to help a friend. Given things today, how far in advance of her CCW expiration date should she submit her renewal? And how far in advance of her current expiration can her new training be? Thanks...

New training? A year, if I recall

Get the ball rolling at 90 days to play it safe. As we get closer to the NYSRP ruling and at least the small posibility that we’ll see a favorable outcome AND a change in MSP policy without yet more protracted state-and-circuit-level litigation, both class availability and MSP paperwork load could go kinda crazy.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    New training? A year, if I recall

Get the ball rolling at 90 days to play it safe. As we get closer to the NYSRP ruling and at least the small posibility that we’ll see a favorable outcome AND a change in MSP policy without yet more protracted state-and-circuit-level litigation, both class availability and MSP paperwork load could go kinda crazy.

Training is good for two years, everything else is spot on.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yeah, training is only good for 2 years so your original class isn't valid for your renewal and subsequent 8 hr classes are only good for each renewal.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    On training, my question was how far in advance of the current expiration can the renewal training be taken.

Ie: can the renewal training be taken 4 months before current permit expiration

Thank you....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    On training, my question was how far in advance of the current expiration can the renewal training be taken.

Ie: can the renewal training be taken 4 months before current permit expiration

Thank you....

Yes, four months or twenty four months.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks for the clarification...

I've gone through multiple renewals and usually drop the paperwork 30 days before my permit expires. I have yet to not get my new permit before the old one's expiration date.

That said, if you do submit the paperwork three months out you won't lose any time on your current permit like you do in DC so it's your call on whatever you feel comfortable with.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Probably been answered somewhere. Who or where is the most reasonably prices CCW class. I live in carroll county.

I am not not worried about the best, for me it would just be for the paperwork. Bonus of qualifying for the utah permit as well.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Are they still doing interviews via phone? I’m out of state… so wondering how many trips I have to make. Do I need to do fingerprinting first, then they will do an interview even by phone at a later time? Once your approved. Assuming approval. Do they mail your license, or do you have to pick it up in persona?

I am also going to wait till the Supreme Court issues their opinion in NYSPRA v Bruen which will then release MSI v Hogan which is currently in abeyance pending NYSPRA.

Wondering what effect that will have on the licensing process. Assuming we win and I believe we will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom