• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    After 53 days, I called the gun shop where I bought a used pistol on 1/16 and he had finally gotten the paperwork back from MSP yesterday. Yay!

So I pick up the pistol and when I got home, there was a message on my phone from another gun shop telling me that the paperwork for a new pistol I purchased on 1/29 was back. 40 days. Double yay!

Oh, they are a Russian Makarov 9x18 and a S&W M&P .40c :) I think I'm done for a while.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Makarov

After 53 days, I called the gun shop where I bought a used pistol on 1/16 and he had finally gotten the paperwork back from MSP yesterday. Yay!

So I pick up the pistol and when I got home, there was a message on my phone from another gun shop telling me that the paperwork for a new pistol I purchased on 1/29 was back. 40 days. Double yay!

Oh, they are a Russian Makarov 9x18 and a S&W M&P .40c :) I think I'm done for a while.

I fired a Russian Makarov a few weeks ago and just loved it. I think it had the letters IJ-70 on the side... are there many of these around? Is it possible to get ammo for them since they take the slightly unusual 9x18?

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I fired a Russian Makarov a few weeks ago and just loved it. I think it had the letters IJ-70 on the side... are there many of these around? Is it possible to get ammo for them since they take the slightly unusual 9x18?

Congrats! BTW - PSA sent an eMail earlier advertising 9x18 FMJ for $19.99 for 50 rounds.

That is what I have (well, mine actually says IZH-70 which is the way some importers chose to name it rather than the cyrillic lettering on the you shot). You can find them around but they don't seem to be as plentiful as some of the other Eastern European/Russian/Chinese imports. At least that is what I saw when I started looking for one.

As to the ammo, I really haven't checked recently but there was plenty of Russian surplus ammo around before the O'Bozo nuclear disaster and I took full advantage of it. If I recall correctly, I think I paid somewhere around $13/box of 50. But that was then and this is now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom